Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm addicted to turbo sound and emmisions are pretty fair around here in Maine now. So I want to straight pipe the jetta and I know what it will sound like. I want to hear that turbo in the exhaust :) I've heard that this can be done real cheap at around $90.00. Anyone know exactly what I need and where I can get the piipe? Also any specific size piping?

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
3" exhaust, you can get it straight piped at any exhaust shop (given it's legal) but you'll be better off buying the downpipe online as I don't think an exhaust shop can make you one. Idk about the sound but if you do decide to get a muffler I'd go Magnaflow or Borla. The DP will run you anywhere from 100 bucks for an eBay one to 250 + shipping for a nice 42DD one.

·
Registered
367 Posts
It's still illegal to straight pipe a vehicle. No matter what state your in. You still need to have a catalytic converter and muffler. It all depends though if you know somebody that will inspect your car without looking at it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i straight piped my 1.8t and its a little loud but you get use to it. but i suggest a high flow cat. it sounds alot better that way and im glad i did

·
Registered
890 Posts
in the 'Nois, the inspectors could all be blind, they dont look at anything. they plug the thig into your port and wait, then let you go. get in there without throwing codes and your fine. the 'Nois btw, is illinois.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Ok lol. I used to work at a shop and was a state inspector and we had the state randomly come in their personal vehicles to try and see if we were doing everything right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's still illegal to straight pipe a vehicle. No matter what state your in. You still need to have a catalytic converter and muffler. It all depends though if you know somebody that will inspect your car without looking at it.
We don't have inspections in Florida I own a tuner Shop with a few of my partners we do a lot of performance mods a lot a lot and tuning we don't have to worry about anything like that down here we can pretty much put anything on our cars performance-wise and cosmetic I seen some crazy things LOL it's only illegal if you get caught I'm sorry to hear about your state

·
Registered
2 Posts
We don't have inspections in Florida I own a tuner Shop with a few of my partners we do a lot of performance mods a lot a lot and tuning we don't have to worry about anything like that down here we can pretty much put anything on our cars performance-wise and cosmetic I seen some crazy things LOL it's only illegal if you get caught I'm sorry to hear about your state
We used to have inspections back in the 90s late 90s early 2000s it phased out but yes you are right it is illegal but here it's overlooked

1 - 10 of 10 Posts