Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 Jetta 1.8T with the 5 speed tiptronic 09A. I replaced all nine solenoids in the trans last March. At the time I was having no reverse and delayed shift between 2-3. I bought a kit from Cobra Transmission and it fixed everything until about a month ago. My Jetta started missing and shifting hard into gear including the up and down shifts. I got some codes that pointed to a failed MAF sensor. I replaced the MAF and it remedied the engine miss, but my harsh gear shifts remain.
Currently, the only code I get is from the Transmission scan and it reads:
00349 - Solenoid Valve 10 (N283) 30-10 - Open or Short to B+ - Intermittent
The obvious thing to do is replace N283. It appears Cobra Trans has the best price, but I am leery of buying from them again if these things fail in less than a year.
Has anyone here experienced this or have any advice for me? Looking to get my VW back on the road by the end of the week. Please offer any input you may have.
THANKS

·
Registered
3 Posts
Long ago post but if you ever log on 88vannie, post a solution- if you found one. Same problem, getting the 00349 code 6 months after installing complete new solenoids from Cobra. Changed the MAF sensor, Cam Sensor, ECM, cleaned all grounds. Going to go one by one through the connectors today, but wondered if anyone else has ever run into this problem- frustrating to solve.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Replaced the Transmission Control Valve on two different Audi B5 1.8T cars with similar transmission shifting issue......same transmission as 1.8T Jettas.

The transmission control valve is what supplies fluid pressure to the valve body (shift solenoids).. If that valve stays open, it causes the trans fluid pressure to remain too high. This is referred to as 'Line Pressure' and the result is a quick shift.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts