Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, new to the group and wanted to find out some things from you all.
1.Went out to start my car this morning and it wouldn't start. It acted as though it was trying to turn over, but just couldn't do it. The fuel pump whirring noise did happen, so I assume that isn't the problem. We tried jumping it, but that didn't work. The oil was low in the car, and was brought back to normal level. After trying to crank it over for about 5 seconds the oil light came on. I left it alone for several hours. Then went out to start it again, and it started right up. It seemed to run a little rough, but it was running. I turned it off after letting it run for a couple of minutes, thinking it was just a fluke as it was cold this morning (in the 30's). Not 30 minutes later, went out to go start it and I'm having the same problem all over again. I had to have it towed up to the dealership. It is currently waiting at the dealership where I bought the car waiting for them to open in the morning.:mad: Any ideas as to what's causing this problem?
2. Sometimes it seems sluggish going down hills. Like I've let off the gas pedal even when I haven't. Nothing serious, just curious.
3. Sometimes, the car seems hard to start. It will start, but seems sluggish in doing so.
Car is a 2009 Jetta SEL. 2.5L 5cyl. automatic

·
Registered
7 Posts
RE: #1. This is absolutely deja vu for me, two years ago my jetta was having the same issues. I felt stupid because I ruled out most of the mechanical issues which would affect its ability to turn over such as the starter, fuel pump, battery, alternator, etc. and still couldn't figure out the problem. Similarly, I questioned if it was due to low oil (which it wasn't for me) or perhaps the remote not disengaging the security/alarm system. It started sometimes and other times it wouldn't, very frustrating. In the end, it was the ignition switch in the steering column. Like your car, it had to be towed to the dealer and fixed under warranty.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.