Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013 GLI 2.0 turbo CBFA engine fam. 84K. Dried coolant residue on front of block and oil pan. Took it to dealer for what i thought was warranty water pump. Dealer says coolant in oil, oil in coolant, so oil cooler seals, coolant temp sensor, 3 coolant flushes, oil change, and alignment. $1700.
Anybody run into this before? I don’t see very many videos on YouTube addressing this early mark VI issue.
Does the cooler crack? Or is it the seals don’t survive the Vegas heat?
Might as well do the cam chain tensioner and guides, update the intake manifold and water pump as well.
They gonna get me for $1700 either way...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you put eyes on this oil in coolant and vis a vis? I always tell them to show me. Inherent distrust of dealerships. Sorry to any dealers out there that are on the up and up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In my opinion there is no indication of coolant in the oil and questionable of oil in the coolant. I don’t enjoy fixin something not broken but very much believe in preventive maintenance.
This dealership is difficult at best to deal with, the service writer having a bit of an attitude from the jump. I’m gonna pull the intake and do a decarb and get a better look at the leak. But yeah, trust issues ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts