Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as my title says im looking to see what cam shaft i can put into it i am on techtonics website i would like to put a 276 degree cam but the website says not recommend for obd2 and i cant find out why. i was to have a little to rough idle but have a good power gain for now with out changing vavle springs etc for now.

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
They could have that listed for a few reasons. For starters obdII would need upgraded valve springs. Also with something that big you might have to change the idle so it doesnt stall. obd1 has an adjustment screw, obd2 does not. Your best bet would be to contact TT and ask them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. biggest cam shaft over stock i can run before i have to change springs etc
2. is chipping my 97 vw aba 2.0L worth the trouble
3. changing injectors to bigger flow will that gain or lose power
just lookinh for tips etc. for my build

·
Premium Member
2,805 Posts
1. biggest cam shaft over stock i can run before i have to change springs etc - 268 or bigger will require hd springs
2. is chipping my 97 vw aba 2.0L worth the trouble - its not a tone of power, but you will def feel a difference
3. changing injectors to bigger flow will that gain or lose power - unless your tuned for bigger injectors, the car wont run right
just lookinh for tips etc. for my build

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that is a huge help. and i have never had the head off my 2.0 but is the changing the spring like any other head? and where are the best places to get my parts (cam shaft, springs keeprs etc) since you have done a build before

1 - 9 of 9 Posts