Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased a 1999 Jetta, I am not to sure what type of Jetta exactly, I know it's the "new body" 2.0L SOHC Manual transmission. Anyway, I am new to the whole car scene as far as doing things yourself. I am trying to find a business that does Headlights I am looking for (OEM?) HID's and someone who can install them, I don't know how to find the correct type of bulbs and casing and all that, so I need someone to help me out a bit. I'm looking to spend around 300$, a buddy of mine just got some HID's installed on his BMW for 230$. Any idea what I'd search on google for businesses locally? All that comes to mind is "automotive headlight shops" and I know that's way off. Please help, all advice would be appreciated. I don't know if for this year of car it'd be easier to purchase and then install them myself or just have someone professionally do it.

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Gonna cost way more than $300. You'll need to pick up a set of mk4 projector headlights. OEM are about a grand for the set, but you can get reps for $4-500. You could also go the way of retro fit. There is a guy on vortex that well build them for you, believe his name is Roger. Head over there and search Rogers retrofits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Gonna cost way more than $300. You'll need to pick up a set of mk4 projector headlights. OEM are about a grand for the set, but you can get reps for $4-500. You could also go the way of retro fit. There is a guy on vortex that well build them for you, believe his name is Roger. Head over there and search Rogers retrofits.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
X2 and installing head headlights is so simple, pop the bumper off, 4 bolts on each side and the plug and your good

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts