Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 jetta always throwing code p0302 cylinder 2 missfire no matter what i fix.... NEED HELP
Replaced Coil pack, spark plug, complete coil wiring harness, injector,
Checked Compression, and most vaccum lines fixed a few caccum leaks.

Car misses a little bit... my gpa used some marvel mystery oil in it missfire stopped for like 3 days but light still came on... now it runs great some days and misses some days and light is still on i reset it everytime i do something to the car and everytime it comes on and still comes back im stumped im in california and smog is due..... the only thing i can think next is ECM/ECU i dont know....:mad::eek:

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
I see you fixed "most" vaccum lines try fixing them all. I had random misfires and i went threw an ecu, coils, plugs and messed with the wiring harness. Had two vaccum leaks one major other not too bad but enough to through it out of whack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I never get any random missfire codes or anything..... Its always Cylinder #2 always no matter what thats why im lost... are all the vaccum lines in plain site or is there any i have to dig for...

·
Senior citizen member
670 Posts
Ignition control module is all you need

Bam!

edit: I dont think your car has one of those, try swapping the coil packs back and forth and see if the problem persist

·
Registered
205 Posts
first thing id suggest is get a volt meter, and run your engine and see if the injector is firing. Ive seen problems where the injector itself is firing, but either a leak on the intake manifold or a combustion leak has caused the code to appear. if not, gaskets and seals! take off your fuel rail, and disconnect and reconnect everything, and torque it down properly. Sometimes all it is is a faulty seal or loose bolts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cam Sensor!!!! will that actually cause a cylinder 2 missfire..... o man this sux i need to smog it and i cant..... I will check injectors and replace some more gaskets and check all seals..... any other ideas..... could it be internal ..... like valves leaking

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am a year late, but maybe it will help someone else out. I had a cylinder 3 misfire and traced it down being the negative wire going from the coil pack cylinder 3 to the ECU was bad or shorted. I've used a voltmeter and did the continuity test and it was indeed a short. Splice a new wire in and ran it to the ECU and everything was good again. End up returning everything I bought to rule out. In the end, cost me $5 for the wire and got $500 back on parts that I don't need.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts