Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some advise on a swap I am working on. I have a 2001 VR6 5speed with a totaled body but a good engine. I also have a 2001 VR6 automatic witch has a perfectly straight body. I am taking the engine from the 5 speed body and putting it in the automatic. I am wondering what all needs to be swapped over from the manual to the auto to convert manual. If anyone has any advise for me that would be super!!!! Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea the engine in the good body is no good. I am taking the engine and tranny from the jetta with the bad body and putting it in the jetta with the good body because the engine in the bad body is stilla good engine.

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
a lottttt of work but have fun:)...gonna have to swap out the harness ..pedals..shifter..computer..gauge cluster..pretty much everything lol..or just swap the engine alone and save urself all the rest of the trouble

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have a lot of that already done, shift linkage and the peddles, and a few other things that are not on the top of my head right now. Why do you have to swap the gauges cluster out? They look that same. And as for the harness is there any way to get around swapping the hole thing I have found I post that has a set of instructions on how to get around it but I am unsure how reliable it is. Can some one take a look at this like and tell me if this would work for me.

http://www.instructables.com/id/VW-...atic-to-5-Speed-Swap/step2/Remove-and-rewire/

Thanks,

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
automatic shows what gear ur in on the cluster..manual trans cluster is different..i dont know if it would work ok if you dont have some of it plugged in..guess u can see when u get there...well they pretty much use the same parts just different car so it should be a usable guide for u

1 - 8 of 8 Posts