Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have a 2002 jetta 1.8t, i have no water in oil or vice-versa. I changed the thermostat and i need the T that comes off the engine. I have to add water every morning before i leave for work, i thought it was the t-stat. although it helped it did not solve my problem my car is overheating....
I know its not the fans, waterpump, its not clogged, also how do you bleed the system?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated, i just got this car and it has turned into a nightmare although i love jetta she can be a typical women and act up.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No thats what i think the problem is, i took the overflow cap off kept it full of water and let the car run for a hour and a half, had to come in it started raining...should it take that long?
is there any tips/tricks to doing it?

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
so the cooling system is just filled with water and not actual coolant? there is a drain valve at the bottom of the radiator where the hose connects

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
could be the problem then, get urself the green one from ecs tuning or wherever you prefer. and the coolant should be g12/pinkish not green

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
your telling me my jetta is overheating from a coolant sensor that senses the level of coolant, has nothing to do with the actual cooling, and from having the wrong coolant.?

·
Registered
387 Posts
your telling me my jetta is overheating from a coolant sensor that senses the level of coolant, has nothing to do with the actual cooling, and from having the wrong coolant.?
no the sensor measures the temp. thus thinkin its too hot = overheating. and like judduh said the black top sensors fail for some reason. but i would think a code would b thrown for that. r u sure there is nowhere it is leaking? the "t" flange u mentioned in the OP has a tendency to fail. mine leaked from there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts