Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am desperate for an answer... I have an 02 Jetta 1.8t Tiptronic tranny and about 3 months ago (Feb 2013) I noticed my car started kicking me out of 4th and 5th gear while putting my foot down to accelerate, revving it up, almost redlining it. I did some research on here through the forums and kept reading about SOLENOIDS SOLENOIDS SOLENOIDS...

I took it to my mechanic's (he only deals with euros) since I was going there for a new front axle anyways, I mentioned to him the issue, described all the symptoms and the first thing out of his mouth was SOLENOIDS....

Ordered myself some brand new solenoids, all the serial numbers matched up, they were identical. My husband (who usually is my mechanic) replaced all the solenoids, only to notice after the test drive that shifting was a LOT smoother, however it STILL kicked me out of the gears.... so its like it helped, but sure as hell did nothing to FIX the problem.

Where do I go from here? All I keep hearing is get a new tranny, get a new tranny. Im a mom of two and struggle enough as it is, and cant just drop everything, tap into my kids college fund and throw in a new or even REBUILT tranny...

Im very frustrated and WILL NOT give up on this car...

Are there any other options I should try before getting the tranny done??? Please help... this is my daily driven, and it deserves to run better than this... THANKS!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just bought a triptronic 2003 jetta and found out the day after it will not shift into reverse when cold. Best of luck to you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@bangarang1.8t .. I still need to do a complete tranny flush but need to get the correct oil ordered. Would that really help that much ya think?
@apphoard .. thanx :) good luck with yours too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I did the solenoid change(all 9) and it fixed my reverse issues. The only thing now is I get error P3255, I think it's a TCM error. It shifts fine until this code comes back, then shifts sluggish. Then when I clear the code it shifts fine again. All I have is the ELM327 code reader and a app on my phone. So I am not sure if I had a better reader or not, if I could read error codes in the TCM itself? Maybe my TCM is bad? Maybe I need to reset shift adapt? Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I did the solenoid change(all 9) and it fixed my reverse issues. The only thing now is I get error P3255, I think it's a TCM error. It shifts fine until this code comes back, then shifts sluggish. Then when I clear the code it shifts fine again. All I have is the ELM327 code reader and a app on my phone. So I am not sure if I had a better reader or not, if I could read error codes in the TCM itself? Maybe my TCM is bad? Maybe I need to reset shift adapt? Any help would be appreciated.
19711 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1; Heating Circuit: Regulation at Upper Limit

Replace your pre cat o2 sensor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts