Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys! I have a 1.8T AWP GLS Jetta 5 speed with 116,000 on it. I have been slowly bringing the car back to being road worthy. I had the car idling and revving just fine last summer up until about September (whenI didn’t have much time to work on it). I have been buying up parts to swap out a blown turbo since then (car run but had blue smoke). I went to go and check things out and come to find out, I left the battery hooked up. So that killed the battery. But I can get it to crank with a jump start. I have also replaced the spark plugs since finding out that the car won’t start. Still no success. I have yet to replace the coil packs. I also went to the fuel pump under the back seats to listen and make sure that it is priming, I don’t hear anything other than a faint click that sounds like it may be a pressure change in the fuel tank. I have yet to check the fuel filter.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check or what to look for at this point?

thanks for any and all help!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys! I have a 1.8T AWP GLS Jetta 5 speed with 116,000 on it. I have been slowly bringing the car back to being road worthy. I had the car idling and revving just fine last summer up until about September (whenI didn’t have much time to work on it). I have been buying up parts to swap out a blown turbo since then (car run but had blue smoke). I went to go and check things out and come to find out, I left the battery hooked up. So that killed the battery. But I can get it to crank with a jump start. I have also replaced the spark plugs since finding out that the car won’t start. Still no success. I have yet to replace the coil packs. I also went to the fuel pump under the back seats to listen and make sure that it is priming, I don’t hear anything other than a faint click that sounds like it may be a pressure change in the fuel tank. I have yet to check the fuel filter.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to check or what to look for at this point?

I had the same issue with my 03 Jetta 2 liter. I read in the repair manuals that the crank sensor if it goes bad the engine will not start and I changed my crank sensor and the car started and ran fine. I would check the sensor because that is the only sensor that if it goes bad will not let the engine start. I hope that helps you

·
Registered
2 Posts

Not sure if this would be the problem, but has anyone thought to check the fuel pressure sensor on the fuel rail?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts