Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 2.0 stick shift Has intermittent electrical issues; the worst kind.
Left turn indicated- blinks fine until brakes are pressed. Then it blinks fast. AND the RIGHT rear turn signal blinks brightly, the left blinks dimly, as do both brake lights. The rear defroster indicator on the dash also blinks... If I turn on the rear defroster, both turn signal lights on the rear come on steadily.
And NOW, also intermittently, when I turn the key off... she keeps running.

I'm going to start with all the grounds, especially the ones in the trunk, but I suspect the not turning off issue is a separate one. Help?

I named her Luna (After Luna in HP, who is quirky, but good...) and she is really living up to her name!

·
Super Moderator
13,678 Posts
Good through starting with the grounds, it really does sound like a ground issue. As far as the rear defrost, that sounds like a separate issue. It seems like you may have a short to ground through the rear defrost circuit on your rear turn signals. As far as the vehicle still running when turned off sounds like it could be an ignition switch issue not seeing the key completely turned off.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks - Since I posted that, she's behaved beautifully... As soon as it stops raining long enough, I'm still going to check/clean/tighten all the grounds. I hate intermittent electrical issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts