Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Tuning Tike
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Risk of sounding like an idiot sounds like a vr6 wich is a acute angle v6, but I dunno I have a 1.8t. As for clunky I would check your linkages. Also pics are super great

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

·
JettaJunkie Infant..lol
2,608 Posts
you would be able to tell because it is the only 6 cylinder engine vw has in the jettas, hence why turbo peach said v6. the 1.8T, 2.0L, and 1.9L TDi motors are all 4 cylinders.

post pics and it'll help a lot haha

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think I got it.
I did some research and looking around, I have a Stock 200hp V-6 Engine. So, it's a VR6.
And sorry pictures arent up yet, I haven't been home, I've been stuck at the hospital. I'll post some pictures by tomorrow for sure.

·
Registered
132 Posts
vr6 gli's are rare but were made.. check your shifter linkage bushing and dogbone mounts... linkage bushing can replaced easy with the 42draft designs billet peices and improves the shift nicely .dogbone mount is a common wear item...easy to replace too about 15 minutes max

·
Tuning Tike
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's great what direction you wanna go with your car. Sorry your stuck at a hospital. I suggest swiss cheese your airbox and remove the carpet underhood. Make your vr6 growl

Sent from my HTC Aria using Tapatalk

·
Registered
31 Posts
Rebjetta - Is there a thread, or video out there to help me out with showing me how to DIY install for the dogbone mount replacement?

Turbo peach - Thanks bro, What do you mean Swiss Cheese my airbox? Is it easy? And I've considered getting the carpet out of there, seems pretty unnecessary. Also, I've looked into a Cat-Back System for it. Any suggestions?

*IF YOU GUYS COULD PROVIDE A BIT MORE DETAIL, I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. I'M NEW, AND GETTING CONFUSED WITH ALL THIS TALK. :)*

·
Tuning Tike
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
swiss cheese airbox mod its cake, its is where you take a drill and drill holes in the bottom of your airbox, OR if you like me take tin snips and cut a good 2/3 off of the bottom i started farthest form the engine, :D its free and looks stock and thats what i wanted, other option is a "custom" sri (short ram intake). there easy just search them up ;)

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.