Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[Jetta MKIV 2004 Trendline 2.0L]

Hello everyone, this is my first post here although I've been around for a while as a guest. I'm from Mexico so pardon my english.

I noticed the (ABS) dashboard light ON after a shock absorber change. The guy who did it says he has no idea about that; of course, I didn't believe him. I'm never hiring him again by the way.

So, days later, I decided to take the tire out to take a look. And I found this:

I suppose those wires come from the little "plug-like" thingy a little over the left. Mechanics here are charging between $20-$25 bucks to do the job. I don't know about the USA but here, that's kind of a lot of money for what it seems to be a 10 minute fix (without the time it takes to unmount and mount the tire again).

The problem is I haven't been able to take the plug out and I'm starting to think this is not possible. I was thinking about cutting through the insulation rubber of the plug open to expose the remaining wires or connectors inside of it and solder/tie them up together.

Am I right trying this? May I, please, get some assistance on this issue?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
735 Posts
You might be able to mend it for now and might get away with it but best thing to do is replace that ABS sensor. I think they are like $100 or something out here where I live.
But I mean it doesn't hurt to try and solder/crimp it back together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts