Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Jetts GLS MK IV. I was away all last week and car sat without being driven for 8 days (its now been 10) and when I arrived home to drive it, the car would not start. At first it would turn over but then the second it fired up it would die, even if i was giving it gas. It seemed like it was not getting fuel or the airbox was clogged. Now the car will not even turn over. you just turn the key and it keeps trying, but nothing. The car has been running great and I have never really had any engine troubles before. I looked under the hood to see if maybe an animal got into the airbox or something and clogged it up but I did not see anything. The car has a Neuspeed cold air intake, a chip that was on it when I bought it (not sure what kind) and a Raceland headpipe.It also has half a tank of gas in it- I always use premium gas. Any help or advice would be great because I am at a loss with the car right now and don't want to have to pay for it to get towed all the way to a mechanic. Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
so its just cranking over? do you know if you have spark at all? or maybe just not enough power to get it going all the way?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Assuming this is a 1.8t unless the ecm is bad it should
Almost defiently
Have spark( it should have COP's) i would fond the test port on the fuel rail, push the valve with a screwdriver
Make
Sure you have good psi(should have a good
Squirt after any key on) check
Your
Maf and the wiring
To it as well these cars will not
Run without a maf, but this is a very unusual problem havent seen many vws act up like this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts