Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as I am VERY ignorant when it comes to VW's I am in need of some guidance. I see there are different 2.0's. They one in my Jetta is a BEV. Which others can I use? I know that accessories and even intake may need swapped but I am unsure of which ones are viable. I found an AEG locally but dont know if it will work. Any insight here would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Or better yet, someone have a piston and rod they want to sell that will fit it? :LOL:

·
Registered
35 Posts
So as I am VERY ignorant when it comes to VW's I am in need of some guidance. I see there are different 2.0's. They one in my Jetta is a BEV. Which others can I use? I know that accessories and even intake may need swapped but I am unsure of which ones are viable. I found an AEG locally but dont know if it will work. Any insight here would be appreciated.
It looks like the AEG is drive by cable: 2004 Golf GL - what is my engine "code"? instead of drive by wire. You might be able to get away with swapping the throttle body, but I assume there would be other differences as well. Have you tried searching for your correct engine code on something like car-part.com that searches all the local junk yards?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Any can be swapped in as long as you have the ECU for the motor you are putting in.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts