Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this early 2005 Jetta with a 2.0 BBW engine to upgrade her to a newer car from her 2001. Shortly, less than 100 miles, the cel came on and gave a p0011 code. Since this time, 4 months have passed and I still cannot prevent the code from coming back. Here is a list of what I have done, in specific order

Flushed engine oil, dropped pan, new oil pump.

Changed oil and filter with 5w-40 full synthetic oil.

Replaced the fuse to the vvt solenoid.

Replaced the ecm. Have tried 2 other units.

Checked the timing belt tension. The eccentric is lined up and even stays there when the engine is running.

Pulled the intake and valve cover. Checked tdc and camshaft alignment. I have the locking tool. Loosened the valve/gear on the camshaft and followed procedure for timing belt replacement. Torqued to preliminary value, removed locking tool and held gear for final torque. Rechecked belt tension.

Actually replaced the whole camshaft/valve from another engine and reset/torqued everything.

I have vcds software. I have checked the camshaft values at idle, 1000, 1500, and 2000 rpm. See attached pictures. The last picture is cruising at 70mph at approx 3000rpm.

Does anyone see anything out of spec? Or that might be causing this?

I can leave the car idle for hours and never seem to have code come up. Car has good power, but seems to “rattle” when revving the engine or accelerating.

Thanks
Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
sounds like you have tried extensively to remedy this issue with no success. When does the code typically come up? Do you have any freeze frame data for when the code sets?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Code comes up almost exactly after driving 20 miles. What data would you like to see? I can let it idle for hours with no codes. Seems like the motor is louder after I run it for 20 miles. How does the oil get back to the pan? Could a partial blockage draining back to pan be causing an issue? I was hoping someone would see an issue with camshaft readings based on rpm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
it's weird that the command and actual value match and this code continues to come up. Have you tested the camshaft adjuster valve/N205 valve?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts