Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

2009 Jetta TDI, NE Ohio, lots of mods!

FS: 
2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  PowerslavePA 
#1 ·
#4 ·
With dieselgate, none of them are selling too well; 2009 is an effected year, and
your VIN is also an effected model.

There has been no fix approved, and if that is the case, VW will not only be
forced to buy them back, but destroy them as well; the FED has already
made that statement. They will all become illegal to run, on a federal level.

Also, when or if a fix is approved, you're limited to 12500 miles a year till
2018 when the owner will have to make a decision on a buy back or fix.
So, not only are you selling it, you'll get some money as well, so $13,000
plus what VW will hand you, and leave someone with a car they may have
to sell back to VW to be destroyed. IF not, then take it in for a fix, thus killing
the tune; and you MUST take it in, it will be enforced. SO, who ever buys it,
will be screwed, in one way or another, and you walk off with $13k and money
from VW, and they may lose the car and NO WAY get $13,000 back? Even
if they do not lose the car, they lose the programming, because the fix weill be an
ECU flash with software, thus overwriting the tune. Now, without a DPF and
EGR will not pass emissions in states that test, the car will be in perpetual REGEN.
I find that very distasteful to do that to another human being.

Who ever buys it, will lose in the end. Everyone should wait and see what the
final word is before dumping their cars on unsuspecting buyers. I still find people
who are unaware of Dieselgate...

#7 ·
While some of what you say is true, some of it is incorrect. Yes, if VW cannot fix buybacks, they must destroy them. However, there has been no mention made whatsoever of a mandatory buyback. Some people are opting to keep their cars simply the way they are, and no mention has been made of them becoming illegal to run.
If I sell the car now, I do not believe I will be eligible for any restitution money, although I could be wrong on that. I have no intention of pursuing it if sold. Also, any buyer would not have a chance at restitution money because they did not purchase the car during the eligible period. I'm sure in the event of a mandatory recall, they would get their money back. Yes, $13k is an optimistic figure, but I have lowered the price.
I'm aiming at buyers who know all about these cars, and realize what has been done to this car. Whoever buys it will probably have the same mindset I do, that VW shouldn't get their dirty hands on this car, with their "fix". There are plenty of modded CR TDIs on the road, and people love them. This car has been bulletproofed, fixing all the issues that were inherent in the design, and a TDI fan will realize that.

#8 ·
The EPA will not allow them on the roads, and if so, with limited mileage, or get it
fixed. One or the other, and you not having the DPF and EGR, anyone who takes that
in for a fix is gonna get screwed with the new program. I know there re plenty of
modded TDIs on the road, but if they are 2009 and up, and you HAVE to get it fixed
or bought back, either way, you're screwed.

The EPA has been very clear on this now; FIX, or buy back, one or the other. Who ever
buys this car, better not be in a state that does emissions on diesels. I said, if there
is no fix, they HAVE to buy them back and destroy them; I said IF IF IF IF IF IF!!!

The only way the EPA can prevent people from going the way of the tuner AFTER
the fix is to make sure a fix won't be approved due to high CARB standards. I live in
a state where there are no diesel emissions, but, if there is no fix, government leans
on state governments with threats of pulling funds for this and that. You will see
states denying registrations for them based on federal pressures.

As it looks, there will be no fix, because of CARB. You can only hope for a blanket
pay to pollute fine by the EPA bases on how many people keep them, but they won't,
the EPA will levy a stern fine based on ALL of them.

I am a pretty smart dude, and most of the stuff I predict, comes to pass.

It will be FIX it, or buy it. If no fix, then buy it & destroy it, no other condition.

There was a draft "Road Transport and Safety Bill" in 2015 that did advise a mandatory
recall policy for vehicles. Additionally, it even suggested that manufacturers should be
made liable to compensate for damage incurred as a consequence of a manufacturing
defect in vehicles. Penalties for failure to notify about manufacturing defects was also
a part of the draft. If it comes up again, after THIS? It can likely pass.

The way it is now, safety recalls are voluntary, bur are also REQUIRED by law.
It is like saying that you voluntarily pay income tax, because the law requires you
to. This applies to the automaker, they cannot force the buyer, YET, to take it
in for a recall, however, if you take it to a dealer with an active safety recall
it will be performed. IF you refuse, they can refuse to take your car in, because
if the record shows it was brought in with an active safety recall, and that recall was
not performed, they can be fined. SO, you say, I don't want you do do the recall,
they say take it somewhere else then...

The U.S. District Court has the right to issue a mandatory or compulsory product
recall; consumers who fail to comply with a mandatory product recall may be fined
as much as $5000. How does that work? Well, can be a one time fine, to a repetitive
fine if you keep ignoring it. I can see money monger states like PA, placing a fee on
your registration every year you ignore the diesel recall.

This is going to get ugly, you can count on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.