Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased Jetta, and love it!. However TPMS is staying on. Went online to see fix, videos show reset button in glove box. The problem is, glove box flips down smacking passenger in knees when opened. There seems to be a spot for a switch, but no switch. The racket assy on the left is also broken, so I'm using electrical wire to halt it's decent.

I have checked the post on here but cannot find anything remotely similar. I guess I just need to know where, the TPMS reset button is, and will I deploy the passenger airbag if I go wire hunting.

P.S. The fire/sound batting in the engine compartment shows signs of wildlife, so there is that too.

Great to be here, any help is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
what year is your vehicle? You'r vehicle may not have a reset button and may in fact have TPMS sensors that were installed into the wheels. Does the light flash and then stay on? or is it solid from the start?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what year is your vehicle? You'r vehicle may not have a reset button and may in fact have TPMS sensors that were installed into the wheels. Does the light flash and then stay on? or is it solid from the start?
Hey,

2010 Jetta 2.5 SEL, 4dr Sedan, with all the videos I've watched I thinks it's a MK5.
TPMS light flashes when you turn the key, then goes solid. Someone informed me that meant it was a direct system.

There is a hole in the once broken glove box where the TPMS switch should be.

I had the glove box out to fix, electrical connection located center of back wall, was just hanging. AC hose was disconnected, and foot light was stuck in frame housing . These issues are repaired now, but no TPMS switch found.

I think it may have been ripped out of a circuit somewhere when someone reefed on the glove box.

Anyway, thanks for responding, your thoughts

T

·
Registered
1 Posts
My 2008 mk5 Jetta 2.5 Se does not have a tpms reset button in the glove box. This is how I was told to reset it; and it did worked when I needed it to. (First, though, the VW tpms system is hyper sensitive, so make sure all tires are within a pound or two of 32. If not, fill them all to 32 and go for a drive; get the car up to at least 50mph for a time. See if the light goes out). If it does not go out and all your tires are at 32, try this: Overfill each tire (TO ABOUT 45), turn the key on but do not start the car. Then manually, let air out of each tire until it is down to the recommended 32. Once all four tires are set correctly, turn the car off, then take it for a ride. (Actually, the light was gone as soon as I started it up and before I took it for a ride, but if not, do take it for a drive and get the wheels moving and the tires warmed up). If the light does not go out at this point, it indicates to me that one of your sensors is bad and needs replacing. Your local Costco, or other tire retailer can hook up a scan tool which will tell you which wheel(s) is(are) in need of a new tpms sensor. Best of Luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts