Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

What part is this called, it looks worse in real life, the frame is twisted in its socket, like part of the bushing has desintigrated. It's located behind the rear wheels, part of the suspension I would hazard to guess

Driver's side rear end
tempImageitKMg2.jpg

passenger side rear ennd tempImageuU1Uap.jpg

Also is it hard to change.

Sorry for bugging, ;). Thanks a trunk load

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply , will take some more pics tomorrow. For what I’ve been able to view online I can think your right.

Let’s say it is, could a novice take that on with basic tools.

Just put in an aftermarket stereo, it works great, but I have 2 screws left over(kinda novice)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for your reply , will take some more pics tomorrow. For what I’ve been able to view online I can think your right.

sorry took so long 85 club car wanting alot of TLC

Additionally, would how much clearance is required to lower arm far enough to release spring pressure, or do I even have to. Can the bushing changed safely with a floor jack hold it just low enough to get in there ?

Thanks again

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pic didn't stick, said 100% uploaded, then says "files still being uploaded are you sure blah blah blah"

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
looks like it's the bushing on the rear control arm, this is the main arm that holds the spring in, it's gonna be easier to get it out then get it in due to the spring tension. The bushing however you may not be able to replace unless you have either a shop press or one heck of a beefy bench vise. But you could just get a replacement control arm and it should come with the bushing already pressed in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello,

What part is this called, it looks worse in real life, the frame is twisted in its socket, like part of the bushing has desintigrated. It's located behind the rear wheels, part of the suspension I would hazard to guess

Driver's side rear end
View attachment 38481

passenger side rear ennd View attachment 38483

Also is it hard to change.

Sorry for bugging, ;). Thanks a trunk load
That my friend is a dinglehopper

1 - 9 of 9 Posts