Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm new here, but I need some advice from other 2010 owners. I bought my car in 2009. This past march at about 95,000 miles I noticed a change in the heater. What I'm finding is if I set the temp control all the way to the right (max heat) it blows out hot air - 78-80 degrees. If I turn the temp all the way left (max cold) it blows out at 64-65. The problem is it continues to blow out 64-65 at every setting in between. The only way I can get any heated air is to have the control at max heat. If I turn the temp down even slightly I can hear the a/c kick on and ice cold air comes out. This is true for the all the top vents (dash board and defrost vents). However, if i am using only the floor vents I have the complete range of temperature control. I took the car to my local dealership several times, they changed out a couple parts but nothing changed. They finally ended up telling me that this is normal functioning for 2010 and 2011 models because of a sensor that is in the windshield area. I insisted that my car had not worked this way for 95,000 miles but they told me that it must have been broken all that time but now is working properly. Can anyone please let me know if your car actually works this way? Thank you all so much for your help.

·
Registered
8 Posts
the explanation the dealership gave sounds right. Most modern cars have a/c come on during defrost in everything but max heat. Floor setting would not be any defrost so computer would not call for a/c while heating. Coupled with the fact that you have a TDI(diesel) which generates less waste heat than a gasoline engine you noticed the a/c quicker when you moved the temp selection from max heat. Diesels run colder and take longer to heat up. In a gas version you could move the temp selection off of max heat and still fell noticable heat.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts