Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will start by saying I know very little about cars, but am interested in learning more. My 2011 Jetta had a dead battery two days ago which I had replaced. Ever since I got the new battery, I noticed this loud clunking, ‘boing’ type noise when I make sharp turns (affecting both sides). It sort of sounds like a recoil of a spring. I’ve tried to find other forums about the same issue and found it may be the strut bearings and or a suspension issue? Could it at all be related to the replaced battery like an electrical issue or is it completely unrelated and just a weird coincidence. Thank you for your help and time.

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
This sounds like just a coincidence, parts wear down with time and some parts fail right around the same time. It sucks having to dump money into a car and then dump more money into it. The only way to tell for certain if it is suspension related is to either jack it up and shake on the suspension of the car and find what's making the noise or just deal with the noise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This sounds like just a coincidence, parts wear down with time and some parts fail right around the same time. It sucks having to dump money into a car and then dump more money into it. The only way to tell for certain if it is suspension related is to either jack it up and shake on the suspension of the car and find what's making the noise or just deal with the noise.
Thank you for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts