Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My passenger side front window is not operating. There is no window motor sound so I believe it is a fuse or switch. How can I determine this and where can I access accurate fuse panel diagrams for 2016? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
My passenger side front window is not operating. There is no window motor sound so I believe it is a fuse or switch. How can I determine this and where can I access accurate fuse panel diagrams for 2016? Thanks
In my experience you will be lucky if it is just a fuse or switch. All four of the windows in my 1998 Jetta stopped functioning one by one and the motor itself had to be replaced in every case. My VW mechanic at the time said it was a very common problem. One window in my current 2009 has also acted up and right now I am just hoping for the best. Good luck. I hope you fare better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
In my experience you will be lucky if it is just a fuse or switch. All four of the windows in my 1998 Jetta stopped functioning one by one and the motor itself had to be replaced in every case. My VW mechanic at the time said it was a very common problem. One window in my current 2009 has also acted up and right now I am just hoping for the best. Good luck. I hope you fare better.
Had same problem with my 2012 Jetta SE - my boyfriend got a switch for $47 and installed himself after watching youtube video. Way better than the $400 quote I got.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts