Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I’m new here and this is my first post. I have a 2017 Jetta. It is a lease. I love the car but lately it’s been giving me issues. I have had to replace all 4 tires and a battery. Back brakes seem to be squeeling some and then today the engine light came on. A month or so ago the EPC light was on for a day then went off. The dealership said I needed a new starter which was a lie and now the engine light. I am devastated because I know they will lie again if I take it back for inspection. My car has 56,000 miles on it.
I am at a loss.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you’re dealing with car dealers!
Any particular reason you’re taking the car to dealer?

Remember, dealers are there to sell cars, not repair them. Find a good reputable independent repair shop for your repairs. The car dealers are good at one particular thing: to separate you from your money!!

As to your car issues, did they provide you with the faulty codes?
Do you have the test plans provided by them? If possible, black out names address phone number and vin, and post it here so we can take a look.

Of you have any scan tool, scan your car to have an idea what fault codes you are dealing with.

There are some very good scan tools available, (i dont thing an allowed to name them, pm me for more details) that you can use to scan your car and get very good information about your car issues.

EPC light:

The EPC Light can turn on for a number of reasons, including:

Faults with the traction control
Throttle pedal issues
Cruise Control problems
Engine malfunctions
Engine speed sensor shortage
Other sensor issues, such as the mass airflow sensor or brake light switch.

The fact that your EPC light illuminated after changing tires, is a sign that your speed sensors might be impacted and causing the EPC light. That’s just a guess.

What was the reason you changed tires?
Did you get it done at the same dealer?

And lastly, it odd very unlikely that starter is causing the EPC light.

Remember to pressure the dealer that they changed the starter for nothing and the EPC light is still on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 2017 jetta as well and have only done the service myself, it has not 140 000 kilometers on it , what should I consider changing when I do my next service?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have 2017 jetta as well and have only done the service myself, it has not 140 000 kilometers on it , what should I consider changing when I do my next service?
Your Owner’s manual can answer that!

I list a few:

Change Brake fluid (if not done yet)
Change transmission fluid (if not done yet)
Engine oil/oil filter/air filter/cabin air filter
Inspect battery
Change keyfob battery
Inspect brake pads
Inspect tread depth
Adjust tire air pressure including spare tire
Jack up the car and inspect underbody, look for oil leak, leaks in transmission, leaks in engine oil pan
inspect all brake lines
inspect the fuel delivery system for leak inspector drive bolt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
VW Jetta SE 2019
2 Posts
Tires, brakes, it's normal. Or what do you want from the car so that it does not wear out? That's when my pressure sensor broke, then I barely found it. Only thanks to the auto vin check from Epicvin. I recommend it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts