Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
searched forum forever. no topic on this. Pin16 on the obd 2 connector has no 12 volt power to it. K line voltage good. continuity test good. traced back to pin 41 on ecu. is this correct ? there is no radio currently installed. I have california emissions. Cel never goes off no matter how I reset. where do I go from here?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok sorry. 2.0l type A engine. body stlyle is mutant due to salvage title. emblem on trunk lid says GT VR6. emblem found in trunk says gls or gsx or whatever. Sorry for the mix up. The point is does any one no why obdII connector has no 12v on pin 16 and did i track it back to the correct pin on the ecu. The lops that put this poor car back together stuck a vipper alarm in it and aftermarket stereo. Then they just chopped the stereo right off the harness. Also ignition switch is bad so i got the starter on a push button for now. Its a mess and I just need a clue where to start. The thing runs and in fact is getting 29.4 mpg. still have fuel pressure problems and it just doesn't make sense to me to do anything till I have OBD II diagnostics up and running. I'm sure the power for it is related to the stereo circuit or the ignition switch and I just figured a Jetta Guru would read this and nail it down. Thanks for any help.....

·
Registered
98 Posts
is the security system bypassed? I found that out on my after trying several times to get the scanner to work and pulling out the radio and messing with the harness. Look under your dash for a hanging plug with a wire jumping between two of the connections.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.