Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 VW Jetta 2.0 GLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced my tie rod end and now the car won't start. It doesn't try to turn over or anything no clock or lights on dash nothing. Could it be pinching a wire somewhere after I lowered it back down? Cause it all worked up until then. Please help!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I replaced my tie rod end and now the car won't start. It doesn't try to turn over or anything no clock or lights on dash nothing. Could it be pinching a wire somewhere after I lowered it back down? Cause it all worked up until then. Please help!!!!!!!

Check your battery connection start there if it's loose at all it won't start then fuses check those

·
Registered
98 VW Jetta 2.0 GLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you yea I trickle charged it over night went out the next morning and it started right up. Now I've got a horrible grinding noise from the passenger side rear tire. Loud driving forward, and turning left but not when I turn right. Also if I jerk the steering wheel to the right just a little while going forward the sound will stop for about 30-45 sec. Any advice?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thank you yea I trickle charged it over night went out the next morning and it started right up. Now I've got a horrible grinding noise from the passenger side rear tire. Loud driving forward, and turning left but not when I turn right. Also if I jerk the steering wheel to the right just a little while going forward the sound will stop for about 30-45 sec. Any advice?
Try taking it to a shop it’s hard to try and diagnose something like that without looking at it or hearing it I’ve been a mechanic for years and it would probably only take a few minutes to figure out while looking at it

·
Registered
98 VW Jetta 2.0 GLS
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try taking it to a shop it’s hard to try and diagnose something like that without looking at it or hearing it I’ve been a mechanic for years and it would probably only take a few minutes to figure out while looking at it
Thank you that's probably what I'm gonna have to do. Just out of curiosity could it be my brakes?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts