Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a 2008 Jetta 2.5L last fall, so first summer or really warm temp's to need the a/c. When the outside temps are below 70-75 the cool air seems to be enough to keep it comfortable inside. Now that its above those temps it doesn't really cool the car off even with the temp set to full cold and fan on 4. I hooked a gauge from one of those refill ac cans up to it on the low pressure side, with the car running a/c on and set to full cold fan on 4, that gauge reads 35psi while the fan is running an when the fan kicks off it jumps to 45psi and while the car off it goes to around 95psi.
On that gauge it says 35psi is in the middle of "good" level while 45psi is on the high end almost in the "alert" section. Can anyone point in the right direction to get this thing to cool down?

·
Super Moderator
13,679 Posts
Sounds like you may have some kind of restriction, without knowing the high side pressure you can’t really diagnose the system, may want to have a check and charge done on it

·
Registered
1 Posts
You either need to buy a gauge set ad hook them up or go to an AC shop and have them read. Without a high side reading really can't tell. Plus you need your air temperature reading, your engine, RPM, etc. to even have a good guess.

There's a forum dedicated solely to AC not just VW's.

My wife got a 2008 Jetta 2.5L last fall, so first summer or really warm temp's to need the a/c. When the outside temps are below 70-75 the cool air seems to be enough to keep it comfortable inside. Now that its above those temps it doesn't really cool the car off even with the temp set to full cold and fan on 4. I hooked a gauge from one of those refill ac cans up to it on the low pressure side, with the car running a/c on and set to full cold fan on 4, that gauge reads 35psi while the fan is running an when the fan kicks off it jumps to 45psi and while the car off it goes to around 95psi.
On that gauge it says 35psi is in the middle of "good" level while 45psi is on the high end almost in the "alert" section. Can anyone point in the right direction to get this thing to cool down?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts