Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats a good all around camshaft and chip combo thats good in the low and high rpm range thats works good with a turbo. Im trying to get atleast 300+whp out of my jetta gt. I plan on upgrading all my gaskets to cooper to handle the heavy boost. Havent really decided on a turbo yet not really to worried about it being that im want to see how far i can get on all motor.

· Registered
73 Posts
Neuspeed makes some excellent camshafts and their P-chips are among the best. Here have a look.
http://www.neuspeed.com/products/product_list.asp?app=39|J3&type=11&ltype=ns_euro

There's many others, but it's better to get more of your "key" guts from the same aftermarket co. so that things will work better together.
I just realized you didn't give the year of your car but you can browse the site and find the right ones.

· Premium Member
2,805 Posts
chip wise GIAC is by far the best, p-chips are junk. It will be really hard for you to break 300+wheel on a 2.0, I have only seen 1 person do it and he put tons and tons of money into it. If your going turbo though, dont even bother with a cam. I would look into the kinetics turbo kit if I were you. If you do decide to stay na you will have to buy hd valve springs for any cam higher than low 260's

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I already looked into their turbo kits and it dosent give me the hp that im looking for so im building my own kit with the gt3076 turbo. I did some research and found that its captiable of producing 500 hp. Hopefuly with the right tuning and a lot research and parts i will be able hit my goal.

· Registered
73 Posts
chip wise GIAC is by far the best, p-chips are junk.
Really? While I agree that GIAC is a decent chip. I must disagree with your opinion of P-chips being junk. They're actually decent.

m3jetta here are the stats on the APR stageIII for the 2.0 should put asmile on your face.

You can research and contact APR about application specific info.
Here's a link to their product page.
http://www.goapr.com/VW/products/index.html

Though I do believe they are upgrades for 2.0T it can't hurt to ask around. It's definately within your HP range.

*edit* got any pics?

· Premium Member
2,805 Posts
that dyno is for the 2.0t fsi motor in the new gti, not the same motor he has. It will be really hard for him to hit those numbers with his motor. Did you ever test the p chip with the GIAC, or see dyno sheets? GIAC is by far better and more well known. Yes you will see an improvement with the p-chip, but if your goign to spend the money why not do it right?

· Registered
73 Posts
I am not a proponent of any particular brand name. I am merely stating that p-chips aren't the "worst" chips out there. As for myself I am already commited to a GIAC chip, hence my support of your previous statement. However both companies claim and report similar gains with a $400.00 price disparity at best. Most people don't have need of a >$500 software upgrade. And if one were inclined to spend that much on a chip why not go with the APR chip that has multiple performance settings (i.e. performance vs. economy) including a valet setting (ultra sluggish) which comes with everything and and doesn't require the additional purchase of a flashloader.

*edit* in the end it all comes down to preference and budget.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.