Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

A New Style?

6519 Views 19 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  Dmez
I was thinking of adding this to my car.

I want to put in a cold air intake wth heat shield and was thinking of just adding this to be functional on one side of that car. What do you think?

I want to keep that styling going through the car so I was also considering this valence as it is more conservative.

With clear marker lights and my rims I thought this would look decent as there are none in my area with this style. I would also have to paint my inserts right now they are stock black.
See less See more
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
I'm not too sure about that side vent. What will it take to install that?
Yeah that side vent looks tricky, but looks good!
Please don't do that to you car! :mad: :knuppel2:
just curious but why do you not like it is it to aggresive of a kit?
It's a beautiful car to begin with and it's supossed to have this sleek German look hence the term that they use only 2MM between body panal gaps and by adding that you are now entering the honda world, Welcome to rice...
It looks horrible along the lines of a nicely designed car, Our cars have certain lines and the body panels are bent a certain way to make it look sexy and deter the wind and you would be better off going to home depot and getting a washing machine aluminum hose 3"X8' or something and making it go down the side of your car to the bottom vent on the driver side.

Not to mention with a CAI if you even go into a flood, You will suck water into your engine and bye bye engine...
So as i said, You look kinda cute so don't make your car ugly...Don't do that... :-\
I do respect your opinion as every one is entitled to it but I do disagree I find it a functional nice looking way to do it and I already thought of a fix for the rainy season as that was one of the first things to come to mind when I saw a direct opening to the intake. I am still not sure what I will do but I appreciate your input! Thanks
Xps18Turbo said:
It's a beautiful car to begin with and it's supossed to have this sleek German look hence the term that they use only 2MM between body panal gaps and by adding that you are now entering the honda world, Welcome to rice...
It looks horrible along the lines of a nicely designed car, Our cars have certain lines and the body panels are bent a certain way to make it look sexy and deter the wind and you would be better off going to home depot and getting a washing machine aluminum hose 3"X8' or something and making it go down the side of your car to the bottom vent on the driver side.

Not to mention with a CAI if you even go into a flood, You will suck water into your engine and bye bye engine...
So as i said, You look kinda cute so don't make your car ugly...Don't do that... :-\
Best to use a boat for this purpose, not a VW Jetta!
The way i see it is, it's your car do what you like. Be different and do something you think looks good.
Well thank you for your encouragement!!
i dont like it at all, looks to ricey. If you want a vent, weld in a sprinter vent, they are the only ones that look good. As for the spoiler, i prefer other ones like the gli spoilers
it's your car, so do with it what you want. Just know that the general "Euro" crowd will not like it. I probably would stay away from the vortex with that though. At least you want it to be functional and not just there.
See I am not one to care what the hell the "euro crowd" thinks the "euro crowd" out were I live are a bunch of idiots anyways they have made a bad rep for vw people I am going to keep my style clean and nice never cheap and it will not be ricey ever.
i dont like it at all, looks to ricey. If you want a vent, weld in a sprinter vent, they are the only ones that look good. As for the spoiler, i prefer other ones like the gli spoilers

I prob would not go with this exact one I just like the line slant on the design and I would only go with a weld in not some pop in cheap junk and ya I do love the gli spoiler so I am sure that is what I will end up with.
I'm not feeling the love for that intake vent or the lip. I would definitely not drive in any type of precipitation with a fender like that.
Yeah gotta be said id go for a sprinter vent if your gonna put one on the wing, weve done them before on the mk4 Jet and they look quite good as they are not in your face and raised. To be honest though as we always say to our members in the UK its your car build it for you not for the masses be different its how we get noticed i mean you wouldent belive the critisism i got for goin R line :confused:.

Couple things wrong here.

1. If your still driving when floods are even over 1 foot (isn't your exhaust about that high?) then you aren't too smart.
2. A vent thats about what, 2 feet high, (once again if your engine is still running at this point, we have problems) wouldnt be any trouble in a flood.
3. Water won't kill your engine, and the ammount that MIGHT come in through that vent AND get sucked in would probably do more good than bad and help clean your engine.

Good idea imo, however i'd try to find something thats alot "closer' to the body and do it on the other side as well so it looks proportional, however the other doesn't need to be functional.
Couple things wrong here.

1. If your still driving when floods are even over 1 foot (isn't your exhaust about that high?) then you aren't too smart.
2. A vent thats about what, 2 feet high, (once again if your engine is still running at this point, we have problems) wouldnt be any trouble in a flood.
3. Water won't kill your engine, and the ammount that MIGHT come in through that vent AND get sucked in would probably do more good than bad and help clean your engine.

Good idea imo, however i'd try to find something thats alot "closer' to the body and do it on the other side as well so it looks proportional, however the other doesn't need to be functional.
Um... WHAT!? I usually don't get involved with spats. And I can agree with #1, if there's a flood don't drive.

#2 I can't understand, it's kinda all over the place. Are you reinforcing#1?
[wtf]
And finally we come to the reason why I even posted this. Do you actually believe what you wrote in #3? Have you ever heard of hydro-lock? Yes water will kill your engine. It will not clean your engine. It will get sucked in by the intake and the back pressure will cease the engine, the water that got shot into your cylinders will slowly seap through the piston rings getting into your engine oil and rust everything into one nice big solid paper weight.

I highly recommend to anyone not to drive in a flood at all. If you live in an area with large amounts of annual percipitation and want a CAI but are concerned about hydro-lock then install a short ram intake.

*This part is for neverfast.* I have considered a fender intake myself. The problem I have had finding one I like is that like previously stated most look clunky, plasticy and cheap. I am inclined to agree with Reaver and pow3r about the sprinter vent.
Nice car by the way you've done fine so far without any of us. Go with your gut and post pics when its done.
See less See more
Yes #2 is reinforcing #1.

And yes I've heard of hydrolock....what i'm saying is if it WERE raining outside, the AMOUNT of water that would get inside the vent and even so sucked in through the CAI would NOT cause hydrolock.

Experienced, tested and proven...ex: 1gn Dodge neon forces any real CAI unless its the iceman to be exposed to the elements just under the vehicle. water DOES get sucked in and it is NOT enough to cause hydrolock. Of course in the event of a flood it would be a problem but then again i stated that if you are driving in a flood, your wrong.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.