Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left on a cross country trip from WV to NM...AC started out fine, then light vapor came from dash vents and passenger side floorboard started getting wet. Now the AC system only slightly cools, but system is showing good pressure on the low side. My passenger floor is now soaked...... [wtf] and it has not been raining! Does anyone have any ideas as to what the problem could be??? I am at a loss at this point in time. Thanks for any help! nthawk1

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nthawk, I assume that is for "Nighthawk"? My gaming tag is usually "Nighthawk" which comes from my old Honda Nighthawk I use to have....

Don't know for sure, but usually there is a drain line for the AC unit, that is where all the water under the car comes from when you park. These can clog up in other cars and cause water to leak into the passenger footwell. Not positive as I said with this particular car, but that's something to check out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mrodgers, it is indeed short for nighthawk, my tank crew gave me the nickname a long time ago and it just stuck. Thanks for the information. I finally made it to New Mexico, and will be checking for the drain here shortly. Hopefully that is the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I agree with above post. I just took the top end of the motor out "intake,head,exhaust manifold." It's a rubber hose with a hole flap on the end coming out the fire wall. May be pretty rough to get at with everything in there. Usually this is a heater core problem but I think that is on the driver's side. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts