Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Advice needed for disabeling alarm for International shipping

289 Views 5 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  woopsIfarted
Hello Guys and Gals!
Original owner here.
My 2003 VR6 is being shipped back to America and I want to disable the alarm so the battery isn't completely dead when I take delivery of the car. The car will be in transport for about 3 months.
Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the alarm, but still allows the car to be driven?

Thanks in advance!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Hello Guys and Gals! Original owner here. My 2003 VR6 is being shipped back to America and I want to disable the alarm so the battery isn't completely dead when I take delivery of the car. The car will be in transport for about 3 months. Is there a fuse I can pull to disable the alarm, but still allows the car to be driven? Thanks in advance!
If the car will be in transit for 3 months it is better and easier to disconnect the battery from the terminal (negative first, then positive) and when the car arrives just re-connect it back. That will disable the alarm as well. But if you do not want to do that try to find fuses 111 and 144 and pull them out. (Verify with your vehicle electric diagram first, I think you can reference them to relay panel table as fuses F & G ).
If the car will be in transit for 3 months it is better and easier to disconnect the battery from the terminal (negative first, then positive) and when the car arrives just re-connect it back. That will disable the alarm as well. But if you do not want to do that try to find fuses 111 and 144 and pull them out. (Verify with your vehicle electric diagram first, I think you can reference them to relay panel table as fuses F & G ).
Thank you for the reply, fgonzale!
I will look into those fuses.
Unfortunately I can not disconnect the battery completely as the car needs to be able to be driven on to / off of transport vehicles and the cargo ship for transcontinental transport.
I'd just leave it hooked it up if thats what they want . I'm shure they got a jump box for this problem .Shure it happens all the time.
I'd just leave it hooked it up if thats what they want . I'm shure they got a jump box for this problem .Shure it happens all the time.
They do. Problem is that after every move I end up having to replace the battery. This battery is only 30 months old.
I was trying to avoid having to buy a new one.
Battery most likely will be just fine after a trickle charge .I wouldn't sweat it. Maybe Put a junkyard battery or a deep cycle in it for the trip.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts