Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i would really like to get the aggressive look on my jetta hood. I plan on buying a primed replacement hood for my 99.5 VR6. I noticed that they sell an extension piece that used to be in steel (would have been welded), now they only sell it in ABS plastic for like 44 bucks. I saw someone who filled their notch (just notch) by putting this epoxy puddy stuff over a notch fill piece and sanded it down so it looked like it was professionally done (without creases). I like this idea and thought about doing it for the aggressive extension piece that goes across the front of the hood. My only issue is, do I have to screw it onto the radiator or can i epoxy and sand it down to the hood itself so it looks professional. I dont want to **** up the latch placement by doing that but maybe it would work? I really love this look and don't want to spend a grand in a huge welding job. I just wana spend the big bucks on the paint job. Again, its only a primed hood so i can mark it up. Anybody have this look and know the cheapest way of doing it?

Extension Piece: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JETTA-MK4-M...&fits=Model:Jetta&hash=item1e8472d86b&vxp=mtr

·
222 Posts
perhaps you should look up boser hood. Honestly many people will tell you to get the steel boser if you can find it and get it done by a pro. Your hood takes a lot of high force slams and if your wanting results to last you can not go wrong with metal. but this is just my $0.02

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
perhaps you should look up boser hood. Honestly many people will tell you to get the steel boser if you can find it and get it done by a pro. Your hood takes a lot of high force slams and if your wanting results to last you can not go wrong with metal. but this is just my $0.02
X2 do right the first time

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah but i can obly find the duraflex boser hood which is made out of fiberglass. heard fiberglass sucks. someone got a link to a metal boser?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts