Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I'm New to this forum. Today I built a DIY smoke machine to find the air leak on my 2008 VW Jetta 2.0. I was successful in finding a leak but dont know what part this is or how to go about fixing it. I'm guessing it's an "o" ring or something like that under the circular cap in the photos, but I dont know what this cap is, how to take it off, or what I might find underneath. Can anyone tell me what this is, how to take it apart, and what I might need to do to fix the air leak?

Thanks,

Kevin Vehicle Car Auto part Engine Fuel line
Engine Auto part Vehicle Car Subcompact car

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A friend has identified the part as the CVV. I looked up the part and found a match. However, I still have a question regarding the smoke coming out of this part. Is it natural for air to come out of the CVV or is it supposed to be sealed? Do I need to replace the Crankcase Vent Valve?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes this is acctually
A
Common failure on these motors i beleve the aftermarket already makes them... Its your motors
Version of
A
Pcv valve and ive already replaced one on a customers car fairly
Easy job and not to expensive of a part

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.