Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
I prefer Androids OS and the phones in general, but my phones all tend start failing within two or three months. But I'd still take an Android any day over Apple
You stock also whats your make model and carrier

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
You stock also whats your make model and carrier

Come fix my phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
It was but I had it rooted after a week or so, was good for a few months then tried to update itself and fucked up. Since then I have removed the root and returned it to factory but clockword mod is still on it and still comes up when powering up. I haven't been able to update my OS from froyo and I hate it.

·
Registered
104 Posts
It was but I had it rooted after a week or so, was good for a few months then tried to update itself and fucked up. Since then I have removed the root and returned it to factory but clockword mod is still on it and still comes up when powering up. I haven't been able to update my OS from froyo and I hate it.

First off keep cwm its your friend. Second give me a bit to see what the x has as far as devs

Edit: ok im seeing that xda's droidx section is total garbage so either a flash a Rom you may like or b. Find out how to return completely to stock aka get rid of cwm then and only then could you take the ota.

Personally since your phone really only supports up to gingerbread id stay rooted go to cm7 or miui. Both very decent at this point its research on your end :( sorry

·
Registered
735 Posts
I have had every iPhone Apple has made. And I can honestly say they are great phones.
I tried out a Windows Nokia Lumia 900 and the Note from AT&T.
Both windows and Android. Don't get me wrong Android is awesome and you can do so much customization but that phone is complicated to learn and work. The windows phone I had was probably the worst. Zune is terrible to use and power hungry on a computer. It is outdated. Apple releases a new update very often which is annoying but it's so much easier transferring your information and working the phone. I fix iPhone's and iPod's as a side job and I have seen a lot of people going back to their iPhone after having a different phone because they said it was too complicated. I currently have a 64GB iPhone 4S on AT&T's 4G network and it has worked awesome for me. No problems at all. I did Pre order the iPhone 5 but after seeing they are coming Pre scratched and dented. I canceled my order. So holding off on that for now. But overall I would still go with an iPhone over an Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have had every iPhone Apple has made. And I can honestly say they are great phones.
I tried out a Windows Nokia Lumia 900 and the Note from AT&T.
Both windows and Android. Don't get me wrong Android is awesome and you can do so much customization but that phone is complicated to learn and work. The windows phone I had was probably the worst. Zune is terrible to use and power hungry on a computer. It is outdated. Apple releases a new update very often which is annoying but it's so much easier transferring your information and working the phone. I fix iPhone's and iPod's as a side job and I have seen a lot of people going back to their iPhone after having a different phone because they said it was too complicated. I currently have a 64GB iPhone 4S on AT&T's 4G network and it has worked awesome for me. No problems at all. I did Pre order the iPhone 5 but after seeing they are coming Pre scratched and dented. I canceled my order. So holding off on that for now. But overall I would still go with an iPhone over an Android.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many find that to be the case agreed but I will say ics and jb updates fixed alot of the strangeness lol also 4.2 is going to make it even easier of course I speak from an aosp standpoint not carrier crapware

·
Registered
28 Posts
Apple might be okay if they released phone with similar specs, or charged a lot less. As it stands right now, for the most part, you are paying ridiculous amounts of cash for a phone that is in no way advanced. When the iPhone came out it was like nothing else, same with the iPod. I just wonder how much Apple can ride those coattails before they end up like RIM. If you look at benchmark tests overall, a Galaxy SIII outperforms an iPhone 5 and there is a unsubstantial gap between release dates. Plus with the new LG Optimus/Nexus phone coming out, it really puts Apple in the dust technically speaking.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Also curious to see what the new windows OS is going to be like. The old OS was pretty decent, but with such a small market share, there was obviously not enough apps. I had a WP7, and while it had some great features, the UI was very very smooth, and clean looking, there was just too many things I didn't like. Facebook would take forever to load, and customization was next to nothing.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I'm not really into phones and don't know much about them. Just somebody who knows how to use them. Most of the time I have no clue what are you guys talk about... But from what I can see android platform phones caught up with iPhone in its 3GS generation and by now android blows iPhones out of the water on every level. I own iPhone 4 and while its a nice simple device my next phone won't be apple unless they improve it greatly or it'll be much cheaper.

·
Super Moderator
14,456 Posts
First off keep cwm its your friend. Second give me a bit to see what the x has as far as devs

Edit: ok im seeing that xda's droidx section is total garbage so either a flash a Rom you may like or b. Find out how to return completely to stock aka get rid of cwm then and only then could you take the ota.

Personally since your phone really only supports up to gingerbread id stay rooted go to cm7 or miui. Both very decent at this point its research on your end :( sorry

It won't even root anymore it's just complete garbage.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Apple might be okay if they released phone with similar specs, or charged a lot less. As it stands right now, for the most part, you are paying ridiculous amounts of cash for a phone that is in no way advanced. When the iPhone came out it was like nothing else, same with the iPod. I just wonder how much Apple can ride those coattails before they end up like RIM. If you look at benchmark tests overall, a Galaxy SIII outperforms an iPhone 5 and there is a unsubstantial gap between release dates. Plus with the new LG Optimus/Nexus phone coming out, it really puts Apple in the dust technically speaking.
Benchmarks show apples new processor is a dual core at 1.3 Ghz and which is close to our standards but it beats the s3 I hate to admit but mind you benchmarks mean nothing its about overall usability.

The new optimus g sounds good on paper yes but my issue is LG has been underpowered and poor build quality for a long time now.

What should happen is Google needs to utilize Motorola and build the os around that phone similar to iPhone in a sense. What this would do is boost the android user experience as this would allow a much better melding of software and hardware

Issue being all of googles other android partners may make a fuss hence why moto still has to do nexus bidding like all others

·
Asshat Patrol
1,796 Posts
I haz HTC Droid. I like it first touch phone. Still trying to get used to tapatalk! Mainly only have a phone to talk to family and girlfriend thats it. Don't give my number out to many people cause of text bombs and prank calling.

·
Super Moderator
13,665 Posts
This argument is jus stupid the bottom line is get a phone your comfortable with and call it a day

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
104 Posts
It won't even root anymore it's just complete garbage.
You have a custom recovery Vic no need to root.

the binaries are there is my guess all you gotta do is install superuser.

Or use the recovery to flash a different rom

·
222 Posts
So, so far I have seen responses of... OMG APPLE- I'll never use it because it's an apple, it's not an open OS, and lack of customization. that seems to be the general consenses.

1. I won't buy an iPhone because it's and apple.... okay that holds no weight. Fanboyiusm at it's finest. Just Sayin.

2. it's not an open OS, who ever truely believed it ever would have been was naive. Apple will never release an open OS for any of their products. That's that simple. Thats why you have to jailbreak them.

3. Lack of customization. Okay maybe true. but how many BASIC users take full advantage of this?

I'm not really into phones and don't know much about them. Just somebody who knows how to use them. Most of the time I have no clue what are you guys talk about... But from what I can see android platform phones caught up with iPhone in its 3GS generation and by now android blows iPhones out of the water on every level. I own iPhone 4 and while its a nice simple device my next phone won't be apple unless they improve it greatly or it'll be much cheaper.
And Magic. Yes the Android opperating system has the market share. BUT that is and has been expected. their have been so many andriod based phones released they flooded the market. there are I believe over 100 phones that have been released with the andriod operating system. Where there has only been 6 iPhone models.

And for the point I saw about the phones costs. There are nearly two droid phones per release that sale for nearly the same cost.

For the small screen claim. yes it's a small screen. BUT i can access everything with one hand. I do not wist to lug around a mini movie screen, I want a phone that will fit into my pocket and I can access quickly and easily.

·
Tuning Tike
238 Posts
I went form the crap tactic LG chocolate to an HTC aria i loved it not to complicated and did everything i wanted when i "upgraded" to a Samsung flash focus windows phone i hated it i just wanted it gone that said however it was a good phone. called and texted well durable just the lack of customization killed it for me. Now i have my new phone Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket. I was going to get the s3 but it felt wimpy im loving the skyrocket so im throwing my lot in with the androids cheers

Sent from my telepathic manta-ray

·
Registered
104 Posts
I went form the crap tactic LG chocolate to an HTC aria i loved it not to complicated and did everything i wanted when i "upgraded" to a Samsung flash focus windows phone i hated it i just wanted it gone that said however it was a good phone. called and texted well durable just the lack of customization killed it for me. Now i have my new phone Samsung galaxy s2 skyrocket. I was going to get the s3 but it felt wimpy im loving the skyrocket so im throwing my lot in with the androids cheers

Sent from my telepathic manta-ray
Bro I have a skyrocket lol

21 - 40 of 80 Posts