Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go into another saga of Fireblades little Nazi. Aight guys put new Set of iridium ngk plugs in the JET. But before this I was throwing a P0420 a catalyst below threshold. Then did tune up like stated 3 days later car is running horrible turns out I'm throwing a p0420 and a p0302. Catalyst and cylinder 2 misfire. Now I received a letter in the mail from VW stating there is a recall on the coils. So took it to dealer to fix coil recall now let's see what else they try to get me for this time last time they tried to get me for $1,200 bucks when CPU just needed to be reset. N E how. I was told the p0420 code meant nada (nothing) just a inspection deal. So um guess Brother Boost or anyone have any relative thoughts.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Yeaaaah that whole p0420 code isn't for inpection lol... Your misfires probably set that code. No ignition = raw fuel past the o2 sensors. It'll go away when you fix the misfire issue. The misfire could be due to the coils OR the plugs, but probly the coils.

If they fix/replace anything you do not give them direct permission to replace you don't have to pay. So... Just the coil(s) which should be free of charge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts