Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

Another New guy

1K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Sweat 
#1 ·
My name is Sweat, I am 23 years old I and I have just been introduced to the world of Volkswagen. I have a 2002 jetta, with the 2.slow power plant. Right now my mods include: AEM cai, Magnaflow cat back, Nology wires and plugs, 17 inch flick racing wheels.

Within the next month I have the following parts on order or here just need to take the time to install.

Kamie mesh grill and eye lids (have already)
Autotech 260 cam, retainers, and springs (waiting delivery)
A port and polish job with a 5 angle valve job (waiting on cams)
Replacing the head bolts with APR (waiting on cams)
Engine mounts and Tranny mounts (on order)
H&R lowering springs (waiting on delivery)
8 mm wheel spacers ( delivery)
A set of BBS 18inch wheels with a 2 inch rear lip (end of the month)
Neuspeed strut tower brace front and rear (already have)

If anybody has any advice willing to share I am all ears. All the other sites have too many people, and a lot of them make don't make you feel welcome when you are new.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #5 ·
hey than that is a great thing. You cant beat better gas mileage. With the stage one was it noticeable power gains through the whole power band, or mainly top end?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Man that sounds like a really nice ride. I have contemplated for about 6 months to trade my car in for a GLI or GTI but everyone is pushing me to be the guy who's different and work with the underdog motor. Its frustrating but I still wish it was a 1.8t or a 2.0t it would be a lot nicer

Discussion starter · #9 ·
Its dark blue, with gunmetal wheels, and tinted windows all the way around. Yeah I have started looking at the new 2.0t to see if the head would bolt on to mine. If I can figure out a way to do a head swap and a turbo I would never part ways with the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.