Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 GLI TSI that I've had chipped for about 9 months. The fuel pump keeps going out on it. I'll get down to a quarter of a tank and the car will shut down. First time it happened I took it to the dealership and they fixed it but 5 months later-now- it is happening again. I can put fuel in it and it's fine but it's just when it gets down low it shuts down again. Even if I take the performance map off and put it back to stock it still does it. If this problem is due to the APR tuning I need know because if it's not I need to trash this car. Has any one else ever had this problem???

·
Premium Member
2,779 Posts
Apr spends tons of tim and money to put out some quality products, so I highly doubt its their software. With that being said, their software often makes small problems come to the surface that you may have not otherwise noticed.

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
I have a 2009 GLI TSI that I've had chipped for about 9 months. The fuel pump keeps going out on it. I'll get down to a quarter of a tank and the car will shut down. First time it happened I took it to the dealership and they fixed it but 5 months later-now- it is happening again. I can put fuel in it and it's fine but it's just when it gets down low it shuts down again. Even if I take the performance map off and put it back to stock it still does it. If this problem is due to the APR tuning I need know because if it's not I need to trash this car. Has any one else ever had this problem???
Sure its not your driving? tune or no tune riding a car hard will wear it down faster. Also running the tank down low constantly will wear the pump out faster. The two of those combined could be causing premature pump failure.

Sent with my Atrix from da Matrix!

·
GLI-VR6
730 Posts
I have always drove 30miles plus with my gas light on with every car I owned without any issues. Granted don't run out of gas that's what hurts it, driving with low fuel should never be the cause of this issue. Call APR see what they have to say, they might re-flash it for you to see if that helps the issue.

Jerry

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you all for your input. I wasn't concerned about APRs product failing but concerned about it running my fuel pump to hard and it causing the pump to break. I do a lot of driving and it's about 40% agressive and 60% easy. All highway miles and I do tend to run the tank to almost empty. I'm in Texas so the temp in summer this year is above 100 deg every day for a while now. New pump failed in under six months so are VWs pumps just crap???

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
Thank you all for your input. I wasn't concerned about APRs product failing but concerned about it running my fuel pump to hard and it causing the pump to break. I do a lot of driving and it's about 40% agressive and 60% easy. All highway miles and I do tend to run the tank to almost empty. I'm in Texas so the temp in summer this year is above 100 deg every day for a while now. New pump failed in under six months so are VWs pumps just crap???
Don't know about the mkvs but the mkiv's pumps are made out of plastic -.- doesn't get much crappier than that.

Sent with my Atrix from da Matrix!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.