Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2011 SEL and am looking for a cold air intake but can not find any online that fit. Does anyone know of a brand that makes one or have any other ideas for inexpensive mods to boost horsepower?

·
360ci
33 Posts
The best thing you can do right now is swith to full synthetic oil, such as Mobil1 or Amsoil. Synthetics free up HP that is otherwise lost. May return better mileage and you will NOT feel any power gains as they're rather miniscule. You can also drive twice as long, or longer on full synthetics.

If you have a manual transmission you can change the fluid there to full synthetic as well if it's not already full synthetic from the factory.

Check out www.summitracing.com as they might have some basic bolt on modifications for the 2.5L. You might not find much until a full model year is out if not a bit more, giving aftermarket companies time to build mods.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Intake systems will take some time to develop since VW decided to put that stupid reservoir in the way where the intake would normally fit. The reservoir would have to be relocated. As far as exhaust, Techtonics tuning has one available for the 2.5 but it's pricey in my opinion. I would rather go with AWE tuning exhaust which will come out hopefully soon. They have one for the 2.5 Golf and it sounds great. Not ricey and no drone. I can't imagine that it would sound any different with the Jetta since they basically have the same motor. Chip tuning will take some time to develop since the 2011 Jetta has a different ECU than the MK5's. I agree with switching to full synthetic oil, but don't even mess with the tranny unless you have problems with it since it's a sealed transmission. If it ain't broken don't fix it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Intake systems will take some time to develop since VW decided to put that stupid reservoir in the way where the intake would normally fit. The reservoir would have to be relocated. As far as exhaust, Techtonics tuning has one available for the 2.5 but it's pricey in my opinion. I would rather go with AWE tuning exhaust which will come out hopefully soon. They have one for the 2.5 Golf and it sounds great. Not ricey and no drone. I can't imagine that it would sound any different with the Jetta since they basically have the same motor. Chip tuning will take some time to develop since the 2011 Jetta has a different ECU than the MK5's. I agree with switching to full synthetic oil, but don't even mess with the tranny unless you have problems with it since it's a sealed transmission. If it ain't broken don't fix it.
the mark VI jettas come with full synthetic, vw worked directly with castrol to develop a full syn for the new model year cars especially with the 2.5 sharing 75% of the blueprint with the ferrari v10

·
Registered
27 Posts
VWSteven, when should the first oil change for the MK6 since it's full synthetic? According to the service booklet that came with the car, it's not until 10,000 miles.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts