Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So iv'e been thinking of changing my hood up since its fading. So I either want to paint it black along with the roof, or buy a boser hood. My question is where do I get a quality one, I found the carbon fiber ones. and duraflex ones but is there a metal one so it wont be impossible to close my hood. With a boser how does one go about opening the hood, being that the little handle thing will be covered, or will i have to run hood pins?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I originally planned to go this route and was strongly advised to scoop the boser extension instead of a whole new hood and have it welded to the oem hood. This way you'll maintain the durability of the oem hood, and wont have to worry about a cheap-o carbon or basically sheet metal replica going wrong, AND it will still be latching as normal (as far as I know). As for finding that extension, this is the extent of my knowledge as haven't gotten that far myself yet lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
To get a metal boser you just get a metal extension welded on to your stock hood and don't paint it black

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
41 Posts
Do you know where i can order a metal boser from and do you have any pics of before and after? i too have an mk4 that is going to be painted in the next couple weeks and i have been thinking about putting a boser on
To get a metal boser you just get a metal extension welded on to your stock hood and don't paint it black

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Do you know where i can order a metal boser from and do you have any pics of before and after? i too have an mk4 that is going to be painted in the next couple weeks and i have been thinking about putting a boser on
Don't have any pics just google jetta boser and you can have a body shop do it

·
Banned
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

The only reason I was thinking of painting the hood black is because my paint is fading bad. But it wasn't going to be painted, I plan on plasti-dipping it with the high gloss clear over it, so when I do have the money for a quality paint job (super white) I'll be able to just peel it off

1 - 6 of 6 Posts