Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all:

I have to change my rear pads and rotors. Got to the 50K mark and now they are low. I figure since (a) I am having to make the change anyway, and (b) my car is now off lease and a "purchase", I want to look at putting an aftermarket part on there.

Can anyone offer suggestions on a good aftermarket brake pad and rotor product that is maybe an upgrade over OEM, but not necessarily super high performance. This is my daily driver and I don't autocross or track the car, just enjoy to get on the gas every now and then.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have heard Hawk has some good pads? Aren't Brembos a little over-priced? Just curious, I have never really researched pads and rotors on the aftermarket to any great degree.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Well brembos are expensive but from what I understand they are worth it (I'm too poor for them hah) and at 50k I'd think you could just get the rotors turned by a machine shop and as opposed to getting new ones and you should be able to buy nice pads at you local autozone or whatever even up to ceramic

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 09 Jetta also reached 50k miles. They resurface rotors at Napa for $15 but i didn't need to. You need a special tool to compress the rear piston.
Ceramic rear pads $25 at Advance.

·
Registered
30 Posts
If your running basically stock, just go with stock brakes.. No need to waste money on aftermarket rotors or pads

·
Registered
17 Posts
Brembo?!?!?! lol No sense in looking at those if your not willing to drop a few grand into total upgrade. There are multiple euro tuning websites that offer high quality brake replacement parts either stock or slight upgrade try ECS tuning or parts4euro.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts