Discussion Starter #21

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

·
gettin it!
313 Posts
Damn i wish i could of found this thing before i bought my car. everything is fine but my AC and i have a lil one and it gets pretty hot. i jus bought my car friday 4/16/10 and monday 4/19 i find out i need a new ac compressor. Damn things are friggn expensive :(

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
Damn i wish i could of found this thing before i bought my car. everything is fine but my AC and i have a lil one and it gets pretty hot. i jus bought my car friday 4/16/10 and monday 4/19 i find out i need a new ac compressor. Damn things are friggn expensive :(
You should bring it back to the place you bought it see what they can do for you...or did you buy it from some random person?

·
gettin it!
313 Posts
You should bring it back to the place you bought it see what they can do for you...or did you buy it from some random person?

My sis bf friend was sellin it and i told him im not payn him the last $500 cuz he didnt tell me bout it and he said no cuz $3500 was the lowest he was letn it go(for someone he knew) but ima pay him and i hope he wrecks in another car(not really im jus mad) cuz he had to know about it not workin. :tickedoff:

·
Eur0wn3d
1,846 Posts
My sis bf friend was sellin it and i told him im not payn him the last $500 cuz he didnt tell me bout it and he said no cuz $3500 was the lowest he was letn it go(for someone he knew) but ima pay him and i hope he wrecks in another car(not really im jus mad) cuz he had to know about it not workin. :tickedoff:
well isnt he a nice guy...so you get it checked out by a mechanic or you just tried turning it on and it wasnt blowing cold air? maybe just needs to be serviced

·
gettin it!
313 Posts
well isnt he a nice guy...so you get it checked out by a mechanic or you just tried turning it on and it wasnt blowing cold air? maybe just needs to be serviced

hes an ass not so much a nice guy. well i have a friend that has a customs shop and he knows alot and he checkd my compressor and said something bout the clutch in it wasnt doin something so it not running and ima need a new one. he would cheat me cuz he does all my work free and i try to pay but he wnt take it. He's cool with my bf and my bro thats why i think!

·
Bubble Boy
6,122 Posts
Seriously guys keep it on topic. This is like the third time you two have gone off in some completely random direction in a thread. If you wanna discuss, go to the off topic haus or use the visitor message or PM system. Cut it out please, I don't like giving infractions.

·
jetta fever
53 Posts
Seriously guys keep it on topic. This is like the third time you two have gone off in some completely random direction in a thread. If you wanna discuss, go to the off topic haus or use the visitor message or PM system. Cut it out please, I don't like giving infractions.
ya it did get way off topic, but interesting none the less.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hope i'm not bumping a dead thread... but thanks boost for pointing me too this, could be very helpful.

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Hey np man. It's been a bit inactive for a while but it's not like a ''check out these wheels!'' thread. Hopefully it actually helps people haha

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Already been listed under #9

·
MKIV Scene ******
502 Posts
For gods sakes will someone put in that you need to check the frame? Especially on anything MKIII or older. Keep in mind my golf was a total loss because i didn't check the frame for rust.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am a noob... and I looked (to answer a question above).. not only that - I am PREPPING for the pickup of my BRAND NEW JSW TDI "simple" (i.e. non of the fancy stuff) version... It's going to feel like coming into the "space age" since I am jumping from a Honda CRV that's 12 years old!

THANKS FOR THE CHECKLIST! I have it printed out! (My poor Stealer (see? I already picked up on the JJunkie lingo!), I have been working him since MARCH for my car! Now I will turn up with THIS!) I guess it's a good thing he blocks 90 minutes for the "pick up appointment"!

·
Registered
13 Posts
ancient thread, but good for the novice to print out or save it on phone to actually perform these tests.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts