Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
VIN 3VWST81K06M669466 Engine Code BRM

Not being an ass, I just went through the Bentley Manual and online, but can't be sure what this part is and I need to replace it. It still runs (poorly), but I can't take it apart until I have the replacement part in hand because I need transportation.

CLUES
It appears to be a valve that is stuck open and hisses when accelerating (can't hear it after about 2k RPM, maybe stops or engine noise masks?). There is noticeable blackening of the area around it (like diesel exhaust soot). It appears to have some kind of linkage on the bottom with an actuator rod extending toward the passenger side of the engine.

The image below was taken standing under the car looking from the rear toward the front of the car under the driver's seat. The heat shielded pipe (top right of image) is next to the exhaust.

The part that is stuck open is the brassy, shiny part in upper right area with very blackened linkage/attachments (right behind the L shaped thin tube).

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

valve edited.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
VIN 3VWST81K06M669466 Engine Code BRM

Not being an ass, I just went through the Bentley Manual and online, but can't be sure what this part is and I need to replace it. It still runs (poorly), but I can't take it apart until I have the replacement part in hand because I need transportation.

CLUES
It appears to be a valve that is stuck open and hisses when accelerating (can't hear it after about 2k RPM, maybe stops or engine noise masks?). There is noticeable blackening of the area around it (like diesel exhaust soot). It appears to have some kind of linkage on the bottom with an actuator rod extending toward the passenger side of the engine.

The image below was taken standing under the car looking from the rear toward the front of the car under the driver's seat. The heat shielded pipe (top right of image) is next to the exhaust.

The part that is stuck open is the brassy, shiny part in upper right area with very blackened linkage/attachments (right behind the L shaped thin tube).

Any suggestions gratefully welcomed.

View attachment 30106
so you required to shift on others post wowo that is great

1 - 2 of 2 Posts