Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Autozone about a week ago to try to see why the Abs and Traction Control was coming on, and when there were trying to run the code, the code reader said that there was no power to my car??:confused: The autozone guy told me a Fuse was blown and when I got home I checked all my fuses, they were all good no problems. So I was just wondering by chance if anyone could know what this problem is or if the guy just a little bit stupid and didn't do it right?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Do you have a aftermarket radio sometimes who ever wired it in did it wrong. I would disconnect it and try again. Also did they try any other controllers like engine?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I still have the OEM radio, I do have subs though, but again I have had the code reader ran through after installing the subs and it was working fine. And no they didn't try another controllers.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Have them try a different controller and see if it communicates. If it does then the module is dead common problem would still recommend checking all grounds and powers to controller as this will make sure its the controller that's the problem. BTW I replace 1-2 of these a month on audi's not as much on Jetta's. Since your local if your willing to drive up to broomfield I can give you a hand with the coding if it needs replaced or I have a guy that rebuilds here local as well for much cheaper then they are new

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem. ABS light on and no signal to OBD. I couldn't pass emissions. I had an aftermarket stereo professionally installed and it worked for years. I took that out and retried inspection still no sginal. Does a bad ABS cause the OBD to not commumicate at all? So car was running great. I come home and go to restart and nothing. No click nothing. All llights work and don't dim and battery full charge. I am really beginning to hate this car. I bought it new in 99 for my late mother and really want to keep it but its trying my patiience. BTW its a 99 jetta new body style

1 - 7 of 7 Posts