Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
PA Dubber
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mods: 2003 Volkswagen Jetta Wolfsburg Edition.

Mods List:

Exterior:
-Depo Black Housing Headlights
-Badge less Grill/Notch Filled
-Sharon Style Antenna
-25% Window Tint
-Corner Light’s & Bumper Marker tint
Interior:
-VDO Boost Guage
-Schwaben Black Floormats W/Red Trim
Engine:
-AEM Cold Air Intake
-Nuespeed 2.5” Exhaust
-Blow Off Valve
Wheels/Tires/Suspension:
-Raceland Coilovers
-ECS Tuning 10mm front/ 20mm Rear Spacers

Coming Soon/Ordered:
-Eurojet Turbo Inlet Pipe (Ordered)
-Forge 007 Diverter Valve (coming Soon)
-42DD 3" Downpipe W/High Flow Cat

-BFI Dogbone Inserts Stage 1
-ECS Tuning Pullys

I don't have a picture of the first day I bought her, but she was bone stock except a Neuspeed cat-back Exhaust and gay ass BOV:

Installed Badgeless grill and I personally welded the notch hole and painted it, installed Depo black housing headlights, and VDO boost guage:

5Y55T15P03n63ka3o3ba4726cb931fcdf1b4d.jpg
5Z55W65P03nd3o93l7baj3b0a451083f0123d.jpg

·
PA Dubber
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Today I painted the calipers red if anyone cares haha. I mean it does make a huge difference compared to a pail, rusty color as mine was. I grab a picture of that tomorrow.

So I was having inconsistent boost and vacuum for awhile and recently checked my hoses and found a huge gash in my turbo inlet pipe. Since I plan a tune soon enough I figured might as well upgrade now so I bought this:

A Eurojet Turbo Inlet Pipe-should be on it's way and here in a couple days: eurojet-turbo-inlet-hose-upgrade-mk4-gti-gli-L.jpg

·
PA Dubber
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After I install the Eurojet TIP I'll save up a few paychecks and purchase a 42DD 3" Downpipe with high flow cat as well and BFI's dogbone inserts stage 1 (thanks to help from many here.) After that comes a APR D1 DV, get some Forge hoses, and a front mount and I'll be ready for Stage 2 or Stage 2+ from Gonzo hopefully.

Working at a Volkswagen dealership is nice, since I'm not the best mechanic they usually install my parts and for damn cheap ;) I'll get pics up when I install the TIP.

·
Super Moderator
13,682 Posts
Thanks guys. A little delay on the TIP it won't be installed likely until Monday or Tuesday. My buddy at the VW shop is going to help me. It's will be 10X easier with a lift and proper tools.
Wish I had a lift!!

Sent from space through a satellite

·
PA Dubber
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Got the TIP installed today with a little help from my mechanic friend. Took us about 45 minutes and make sure if you do this please lube all the hoses because it is a tight fit and is a pain in the ass!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So I told him about my issue with my brakes, they just don't work as well as they should and he found that my rear passanger caliper is leaking brake fluid and also the line is semi-gashed. So looks like I need a new caliper and gotta replace the line.

Also I always had an issue when I let off my brake pedal a quiet consistent rush of air would come from my pedal. He said it could be my brake booster which would cost a fortune. Anyone else have any idea's what that may be?

·
PA Dubber
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
notice any difference performance wise?
In a way yes, first off you can hear the turbo a lot better, it reaches peak boost quicker, and holds boost a lot stronger and more reliable.

It just feels great to be because I had a gash in my stock TIP since I got it and if I gave it a little acceleration it would sputter the boost and I would feel like I was in a rocking chair. Def. plan to do the rest of the hoses before a tune!

1 - 20 of 107 Posts