Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2007 MK5 jetta GLI, im wondering should i go with a forge diverter valve or a blow off valve. what if i did both? also im looking into buying a carbonio cold air intake how are those? thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Basic thing with blow off valves and diverter valves is go with what it came with. Generally a turbo will play nicer with the one it came with, it was designed with that one in mind. Not always though. Also generally VW's like diverter valves better. I have heard with problems when people put in blow off valves.

Hope this is all right, boost will probably be in here soon and correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
850 Posts
u better off with a aftermarket DV, our engines were not made for BOVs. I've heard people saying that it runs fine, but MOST people had problems with it. The basic difference is that a BOV blows the air to the atmosphere, and DVs dont. So when you blow that air to the atmosphere that is not supposed to, your computer will sense that as a malfunction, messing up your fuel distribution and whatnot.
Now, i dont have one and i do not personally know anybody whos got a BOV, but i dont think that it is worth the hassle.
Im 99.9% sure that u asked that question because u want that loud pshhh sound. All you gotta do is get a SRI and u r good to go.

·
Registered
850 Posts
To be honest im not very familiar with that spacer, but it seems that it can kinda operate as a DV or as A BOV. Again, if u get it to use as BOV u might run into problems, anybody correct me if im wrong.
Believe me man, i asked the exact same questions when i first joined the forum, I could not believe that all i had to to was to get a SRI ( Short ram air intake). It does what a CAI does but is safer because there is no hydrolock hazard. I have a neuspeed p-flo and i LOVE IT! It is pretty loud, but not disturbing loud u know what i mean?
There are several SRI brands out there. Research a little and see what u like. If u need opinions just shout out ;D.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright, so do you think this one is probably a better idea?

URL:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/FMDVFSiT

i know im probably annoying you and what not and im sorry i just want a good sound but dont wanna run into problems with my car yea know?

and i cant believe you have that one! i was looking into getting that exact one with the red powder coated tubing! what a small world lol, but hes another thing i didnt understand.
1) should i be using a oil filter? or a dry filter?
2) it doesn't come with a heat shield to block of engine heat did you make one for yours?
thanks again!

·
Registered
850 Posts
again, i dont know exactly what to expect from that spacer. My point is, u dont have to mess with it AT ALL to get the sound u want. I f u want better throttle control, then yeah, lets figure something out.
1) If u are talking about the air filter, it should be dry. If its wet it is gonna get your MAF (mass air flow sensor) dirty.
2) most neuspeed p-flos come with the heatshield. I know eurosport also comes with a heatshield. If you dont have one, u can make one yourself preferably out of stainless or titanium.

heres my SRI:
http://deviantspeed.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_84_85_86&products_id=357

if u have more questions let me know dude

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright i understand. i just want it to be overloud i guess cause i love that PSHHH noise. and thats a nice intake. i was actually going to get this one

URL:
http://deviantspeed.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=45_51_52_70&products_id=334

and i was gonna get a AEM dryflow filter. ive heard tons of people ranting and raving about it, so i think i wanna get that one. and it does come with a heatsheild im sorry i ment a airbox. that controls airflow to the CAI.

like this CAI has:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-FSI-TSI

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
I'm actually never in the MK5's but I saw this thread and had to read it lol

BOV's blow off waste boost to the atmosphere.. Air that has been previously accounted for by the MAF. So naturally, if the engine doesn't have all the air it thinks it has, its going to run rich. Running rich can kill cats, waste fuel, decrease power and mileage, as well as cause a number of other problems.

Best to stick w/ the DV.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I'm actually never in the MK5's but I saw this thread and had to read it lol

BOV's blow off waste boost to the atmosphere.. Air that has been previously accounted for by the MAF. So naturally, if the engine doesn't have all the air it thinks it has, its going to run rich. Running rich can kill cats, waste fuel, decrease power and mileage, as well as cause a number of other problems.

Best to stick w/ the DV.

said the master himself ;D.
Why do you need an air box?
what do you mean by air box?

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
lol thanks but I'm no master. There are a few posts here and there where I give (accidentally) some poor information. This one however, I'm 400% sure on lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
on a MK5(im not shure about mk4's) there is a little whole in the grill for your SRI to get air from. when people but CAI's on they useally control the air with a "airbox" like in this CAI
URL:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-FSI-TSI/xref/base

See where filter is sitting? in that little box so no heat gets to it and nothing but cold air from outside gets to it? i want something like that for my Neuspeed. and iw as wondering if anyone knew how to make one or where to buy just that airbox. looking for one much similar too this BSH btw, just dont want that brand CAI.

and thank your for the BOV opinion. im think im gonna stay away from them and just get a forge DV sooo thank you master! lol;D

·
Registered
850 Posts
on a MK5(im not shure about mk4's) there is a little whole in the grill for your SRI to get air from. when people but CAI's on they useally control the air with a "airbox" like in this CAI
URL:
http://www.namotorsports.net/detail.cfm/part_cd/BHBSH-FSI-TSI/xref/base

See where filter is sitting? in that little box so no heat gets to it and nothing but cold air from outside gets to it? i want something like that for my Neuspeed. and iw as wondering if anyone knew how to make one or where to buy just that airbox. looking for one much similar too this BSH btw, just dont want that brand CAI.

and thank your for the BOV opinion. im think im gonna stay away from them and just get a forge DV sooo thank you master! lol;D
hehe. we mess with boost cause hes a good man O0

dude, i did not know that. I learned something new today lol
sorry i cant help you on that one.

·
I NEED 09 MODS!!!
21 Posts
i need a new DV for a TSI motor... no company iv seen has it out yet... anyone know something i dont?? im pretty sure mines busted from hp gains losing good boost at high rpms

·
Registered
23 Posts

·
Registered
7,555 Posts
I think this thread is reaaaallly old lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts