Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well hopefully this can help out people...This will be my first DIY so chill lol

Step 1.
Just take off your front grill, it should be just hooked up with pins or clips. carefull when you take it off don't pull too hard or you WILL break those clips.

Step 2.
Once you take off the grill You will see 3 sets of screw on the bottom that will require the star bit as well as right beside headlights you will see one on each side.The measurements for mine where the T20.

Step 3.
You will need a screw driver to take off the screws holding your bumper and the under guard by your tire. Should be like 3 or 4....Once you are done taking them off don't pull the bumper off immediately, ITS hook up by 2 clips on the inside, what you want to do is SLIDE it away from the car.

**There are also 2 or 3 torx screws behind your lower grille inserts that need to be unscrewed**

Step 4.
Now to take off the headlights, there will be 2 screws on top of the headlights that you can see on picture ONE. It can be either by the star bit or regular screw driver.

Once you have taken those off now there will be 2 more under the headlights by the bumper foam it has, or atleast should have. as seen on picture TWO.

Step 5. Take off the headlights and just replace it with the ones you want. and put everything back in just reversing the steps.

Steps 6.
VERY IMPORTANT, when you are about to put the bumper back in don't forget to clip it onto the 2 clips it has on the inside, if you don't your bumper will not match or line up with your fenders and headlights.

Once you are done, its time to admire your work, hehe

·
Premium Member
14,456 Posts
Thanks J, I added something to step 3 but otherwise looks pretty good.

·
Cowboy
4,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ha thanx

·
Registered
216 Posts
this was awesome to have the day i took my headlights for the first time.
thanks for the great DIY

·
Registered
472 Posts
Man, this is great to know, i plan on doing a headlight restoration soon and possibly joey modding. Thanks man, its great.

·
Registered
80 Posts
i came home from school one day with intent on throwing in new head light. little did i know the bumper had to come out and how many screws were holding it in lol

·
GLI Newb
4,206 Posts
i came home from school one day with intent on throwing in new head light. little did i know the bumper had to come out and how many screws were holding it in lol
Yeah there's plenty of screws but their easy as hell to get off lol I was actually amazed how easy the bumper was to take off when I did it my first time. My biggest problem was unhooking the temp sensor so I would move the bumper away from the car. A DIY on the tex told me to unscrew it so I sat there for an hour trying to figure out what to unscrew. Then I figured out you just lift the little tab on it and pull it off like the MAF, boy did I fell stupid lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi, anyone have a Electrical Circuit diagram of the Headlights for the Jetta 2002 model? Also the pictures won't load on this thread....

Thanks in advance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts