Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did this to my car and everything seems to be OEM!
I'm gonna make this DIY short & simple, hope you get the Idea if not shoot me an email. I'll try to help you out
I will accept critics!

Tools that I used!
Screwdriver flat and Philip head.
New cutting blades
Saw
Sand paper

You are going to start by removing the cluster!

You will need to cut both side of the dash

One side you will need to cut the whole tab and part of the foam.

The other side only the tab just ably 1/4.

Using a blade, knife or whatever you want to use, cut about 1/16 of that edge, is the now that holds the cluster housing.

You have to cut that and make the cluster flat from the bottom.

I used FELT TAPE because the cluster is gonna be sitting on top the cover. And that help as support.

Now you gotta cut the housing about two inches.

Now test everything together

If everything looks fine put the cluster back together.
I wrapped the cluster with black leather to cover the inside of the dash. And I used the sand paper to make every single cut smother and nice!

Hope you can notice the leather between the cluster the the housing.

Ok and this is the finished product!

Hope you guys like it! :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sweet DIY bro! Something i can do after i fix her:) does everything work properly?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet DIY bro! Something i can do after i fix her:) does everything work properly?
Everything works fine! But u will need the MK4 fuel sender and MK4 oil pressure switch!
And of course the harness that I sell.

·
Registered
281 Posts
If u dont mind asking, how much funds do i need for this? I love the look! And how did you change ur button lights to red? Looks dope!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If u dont mind asking, how much funds do i need for this? I love the look! And how did you change ur button lights to red? Looks dope!
MK4 cluster. $55 junk yard.
Mk3 harness to MK4 cluster $60 but I made it so it was free to me! Lol
Felt tape $2
Leather $free
Total = $117 on parts and 10 hours of your time.

The switches I did them my self! $25 the package of 30 led's and 1 week of my time $priceless
The hardest one was the sunroof switch.

·
Registered
281 Posts
MK4 cluster. $55 junk yard.
The switches I did them my self! $25 the package of 30 led's and 1 week of my time $priceless
The hardest one was the sunroof switch.
Thats some real love for a dub!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Good job on the swap. Are you gonna leave it blue or match the color to all the other red you've got going on?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Good job on the swap. Are you gonna leave it blue or match the color to all the other red you've got going on?
I think everything RED it'll get overbored, so I was just thinking ether do it WHITE or just leave it BLUE!
BUT I need a new cluster to try it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi will this work on all the cluster or do i need to get one with no can-bus ,and can the one with can-bus be used i did make my harness ,but when i test it with cluster with can-bus my rpm dont work but if i use one without can-bus it works,i would like to use the one with can-bus

1 - 15 of 15 Posts