Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
TAKEN FROM ANOTHER SITE:

single wiper conversion.
remove the whole wiper assembly, get half of one ffrom the junkyard if you dont want to cut yours, (you just need the middle wiper to the motor cut the extra off the right of the motor where it bends down, sorry i dont have a pic of the assembly, you just need to cut the excess where the linkage hits it) then you need to extend the axis arm on the motor by about 10-13mm (there is a little freeplay so it varies) use a tig welder and use the same metal, you can use the metal from the unused driverside axis arm, mig welder may work but you wont get as strong of a weld ...then it helps if you extend and bend the linkage to keep it from binding, you only need to extend it like 3 mm, cut the assembly on the middle shaft so the shaft holder is at the edge (you will see were it hits) then grease the linkage and the shafts and reinstall, to cover the drivers hole either do body work and cover it or what i did use a metal electrical knock out plug thats shiny and it covers the hole use silicone so the water wont fry the ecu, it looks good and its cheap, as far as the wiper goes i use a 21 inch wiper with the drivers side wiper arm (since its shorter) put it in a vise to straighten it and use a torch to aid the proccess make sure it has a bow to it to keep good pressure on the wiper
easy as that

just removed it the other day along with many other parts, this gives you a better picture of what to do and where to trim

·
Registered
370 Posts
YOU are a genious my friend i love it. i need to find someone with a tig welder!!!!!!111

·
Registered
14 Posts
Killer DIY man. Took a little tweaking/adjustment once it was back together but it works perfect. Where in the world can I get a rubber plug for the open hole?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts