Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a guide I made for the MKIV Area of JettaJunkies. Figured I'd put it down here too!

·
AllShoNoGo
2,465 Posts
This is by far the best step by step DIY...nicely done SitraneO0

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. Glad you like it! I will most likely continue doing them every time I do a mod to my car. Hopefully these DIY guides will help others like me.

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks man I'm glad you liked it! I think this weekend I'm going to attempt to do a DIY on tinting your lights. I know there is already a DIY for that on here somewhere, but I figured, "Hell...if I'm gonna do the project anyway, I might as well take some pics while I do it."

·
Registered
38 Posts
a couple questions, i have a '98 TDI, so its a diesel, will this work for my car as well? and two does it have an improved sound? if so wat does it sound like?

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't see why it wouldn't work for a diesel but you should probably ask someone more experienced with them, as I am not. As per to the sound, yes, there is a TREMENDOUS sound difference. At around 2.5k RPM's you hear a very deep rumble. I don't have a sound file but I can try and get one posted. You don't get the air sucking sound you would from a CAI but you do get a nice deep rumble that sounds pretty badass if I do say so myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Would it work better to cut a hole like this guy did? I did the swiss cheese holes, but can't hear a huge sound difference. Maybe doing a large hole and the small ones is better, IDK.

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Putting a big hole like that will not give you any sound difference, plus it opens it up for nasty things to get it. The holes allow you to get resonance on the side and I SWEAR you WILL hear a difference, especially from 2.5k RPM's and up; I even here a nice, "VRMM" when I start my car.

I recommend you stick with the holes. If you follow my DIY, I havent changed it at all and it sounds wonderful. =)

·
Representin' Deutschland
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
SCORE! My friend let me borrow his camera, so I'm gonna record a vid tomorrow and get it posted for you guys.

·
Registered
38 Posts
has anyone tried this on a MK3? can it be done? i have my airfilter out and it looks nothing like yours (being an MK4) ill post a pic of my filter now

·
Registered
18 Posts
dude, i have a 2002 gls with no turbo, and its automatic with 108k miles on it. I was thinking about an ecu, short ram, and a catback exhaust. i found a PCD performance chip for $80, but people are telling me ECU's cost $300, whats the deal? am i missing something?

·
Registered
6 Posts
does the swiss cheese mod have any effect on the way the air system is intended to work and does it have any performance advantages

·
Registered
67 Posts
on the mk3 do you drill through the lid seeing as you cant take off to bottom half? or....wat. i wana do this so help woukld be greatly appreciated

1 - 20 of 183 Posts