Volkswagen Jetta Junkies banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm a new and everything and my jetta has a few lock problems. Like after driving and getting out when i go to lock the car the driver's side doesnt lock. Also it is pretty easy to tell when the dome light doesnt come on when the drivers side is open. I dont get it because it is just this door (driver's door). another problem that i have is that a rear door will not unlock from the inside. I at first thought it was the child lock but that was not on. It just doesnt want to open on the inside. It unlocks but wont open. I have looked but could find anything. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
The front door is your door lock control is bad and sounds like the passengers door or rear door I can't remember witch one you said the handle isn't hooked up correctly or broken

Sent from space through a satellite

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it may be the handle since it seems to open from the outside on occasion... But how would i be able to solve this? Do i have to pull the entire door apart, like the window track and everything?

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
If your good with soldering, it might be cheaper to go with soldering it. If you mess up, you could always go the second route and replace the mechanism.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts